Answers: Why I Chose These Relationships

If you've read the last part and book one of Ten Keepers, then you should know how this story started.

Quick summary: This story started when I imagined what would've happened if my friends were Keepers in Spirit Animals.

Now here, i'll be talking about (or typing about) why I chose these relationships and stuff like that.

-Related Relations (dunno what to call it)-

Jef and Ivan

If you read the last part, Ivan and Jef aren't exactly cousins or very close friends at all. I just made them that way because, I don't know, just to make them close? They are friends in real-life but not VERY close friends.

Zoron and Zoey

They are siblings in real-life and when I see them, well, they were close when we were younger. I guess some things changed but they seemed to be close. I don't see much interaction between them but I do see some evidence of connection.

John and George

I don't know how they are but they're probably really close. Last time I saw them, they still got that brotherly bonding.

-Relationships-

Jef and Zoey

They are not close whatsoever. Zoey is just in a different group of friends because of age (though age doesn't matter). In the story, I try to make them closer. I don't know, i'm not exactly wanting them to be a ship but I guess close friends are fine.

George and Haley

They are close in real life but they're just really close friends. I made them closer here in the books because I just ship them (hehe). Hopefully Haley doesn't read this, hehe. (Not her real name).

Vhon and Irene

I tried to make something happen between these two but I guess given the time they've met, there wasn't much time for them to create a bond. In real life though, they have this "friendship".

Ivan and Riley

I don't think these two have even met each other in real life but I tried to make something happen between the two. Then I decided to have Ivan infected and have him give-up so now, that ship completely sank.

Zoron and Hope

I tried to link their relationship similar. These two don't exactly talk too much but they have that bond. I just made them closer in the story because i'm making sure that these two sail. (I actually showed the scene in book one where Zoron said that Hope was beautiful to one of these two characters in real life. And that person said it was SWEET and said person doesn't even know!)

John and Eilene

These two used to be really close along with George, that is until they left. Though they stayed in a more brother-sister relationship before they left, I decided to be like, "Why not ship them? It's not as if they'll ever read this story." So that's what I did and this is my opinion but, these two are my favorite ship (obviously). Sorry that I had to kill them in the worst possible way (sorry Eilene).

-Other Relationships-

Ivan and Hope

In real-life, Ivan and Hope go to the same school and they have this argument and teasing relationship thing about gossip in school. I was planning to add that somewhere but nope.

Jef and Hope

Jef and Hope have been best friends for a long time and they still are, though not as close as before. Just best friends, nothing more.

Zoron and Irene

In real-life, these two goes to the same school as well and they used to be SO close that me and most of our friends ship them together. I have no idea what happened but I was planning on having them become very close friends in this book.

John and Riley

I don't know their current status. Riley left a long time ago and soon, John left as well. Riley then moved into the same school as him in another country but I have no idea what their relationship status is. Probably friends (according to a friend's stalking skills)

-Ideas I Planned To Add Which I Ended Up Not Doing-

Idea One

I was planning on having Ivan and Hope have this playful teasing with one another. Then have Ivan jelly because of Zoron.

Idea Two

I was planning on having Irene and Zoron as best friends. Irene sees him more than that but Zoron's heart is with someone else's (Hope)

Idea Three

I was planning on having Zoron and Hope have this huge fight and Ivan was there to support Hope while Irene supported Zoron. All Ten Keepers were underground but that didn't happen.

Idea Four

I was planning to have something happen between John, Eilene, and Riley. I was also planning on having Eilene and Riley not exactly liking each other but than I saw how cliche that was and this isn't all a love-story.

Riley didn't exactly trust Eilene on the second book and there's not much interaction between them so i'll keep it at that. I also decided that Riley and John stayed as really close friends. Anyways, it seems as if it's Riley and Ivan now.

Idea Five

I suddenly had that love triangle thought again but this time, with John, Eilene, and Haley. Then, I decided to let her stay with George instead.

John: What's up with these love triangles? You know, maybe you should've added the love triangle thing.

Eilene: Nah, too cliche.

John: You're just jealous.

Eilene: I am not jealous.

John: Look, I understand that you love me very much but-

Eilene: *takes out a dagger* If I were you i'd stay quiet.

John: *shuts his mouth but thinks: You didn't deny it*

And that is exactly why I didn't have any love triangles. I didn't want Riley and Eilene being the person who hates the other because they like the same person the other likes. And did I mention that it was kinda cliche? Also, this is a story about saving the world, not a love story.

- - -

If you have any questions for the characters please leave a comment.