Chapter Nineteen

You guys are probably gonna hate me in this chapter... but it all leads up to the ending and into the Sequel! (Hopefully, It'll make the Sequel much more intense)

btw, the "-----" mean I've snipped it out a section, due to restricted materials.

I might go for a shot at "Restricted Chapters" but that will be separate from the story! (Comment if you want it or not, please?)

Anyway, Enjoy!

**************************************************************************************************************

I growled in frustration, watching Zayden run circles around me and never taking his eyes off mine with that too good for nothing smile that had me fooled once before long ago.

It was our first patrol shift together, and he saw it as another chance to be closer to me and get rid of Gale from my life. Literally.

"Would you focus!" I snapped, shifting back to my human form, making him skid to a halt. I happened to forget that my shirts still tend to come off, but my jeans would always be intact. luckily, my long, brown locks covered my somewhat exposed breast from his view. He simply tilted, and walked over nudging my shoulder with his nose.  I never moved, only to push his head away, despite the fact my wolf was urging for control under my skin to mark him as ours. "I'm serious."

He shifted back, rolling his eyes, "Relax, Aubrey? I'm just a little overjoyed that I get to spend time with you"

"I could care less" I growled, narrowing my eyes, "I have Gale, who I should be patrolling with"

"You'd never get the job done like that" He stated, joy coating most of his voice, while keeping it stern, "With him, he'd just forget all about the job, and just try to play around with you"

I laughed out loud, "Really Zayden? As if you don't want to do the same thing! I can feel what your wolf keeps pushing to me through our faint bond!"

"So? I love you... Gale? He just wants to forget all about Elise.. You're just some chew toy that will keep him from going Rogue"

"Gale is not like that!" I yelled, radiating from my skin, "I know Gale, more than you ever will! He actually gave me a chance to live up to my potential, he even cared about me when I was nothing but dead, unlike you!"

Zayden let a growl ripped through his chest, obviously I hit a mark, "That's not true Aubrey.. I loved you, even though I somewhat disliked you.."

"Somewhat?" I scoffed, "Zayden, you despised me! I heard you that last day before you threw me out! You wished I never existed!"

"So?" He whispered, "I've changed..."

I shook my head, "Liar.."

"How the fuck am I a liar!?" He yelled, stepping towards me until I was against a tree, "Aubrey, I've been nothing but a mess without you! Even ask Edwin! My own uncle walked out on me, saying I was a disgrace to my pack! I need you back... I'm really sorry for what I did.. please.."

I hauled back, without him even noticing me with my fist clenched, I swung towards his jawline, but he cuaght my hand, crashing his lips to mine. I struggled for a moment, until he shoved me harder on the tree, snapping my mental guard off and allowing my wolf to take control, who pushed forward kissing him back just as rough as he kissed me, before ripping at my clothes.

---------------------

I huffed, trying to catch my breath, beside me, laid Zayden, and still my rage boiled through my mind, but my heart felt right. We weren't fully bonded, all it was, was sex.

"Now, do you believe me?" He panted, trying to tun my hands through my hair, but I slapped him away, "Aubrey?"

I couldn't speak, tears welded up in my eyes, feeling the guilt burning in my gut. Mentally, my wolf pushed her ears back, muttering her apologies to me after she lost control and forgot who really was in charge, but between us, I put up a mental wall, blocking my wolf from my human side.

Zayden sat up, placing his arm around me, "Aubrey?..."

I shook him off, making him fall back on his back. I got up, gathering my clothes, pulling on what was left of them. I was almost about to take off running, but his hands were on my waist, "What's wrong! Please tell me, Aubrey"

I turned, driving my fist across his face and feeling some satisfactory as my fist connected to his jaw with a loud crack, possibly a break.

 "You!" I finally snapped, watching him grip his jaw, wincing, but the tears spilt from my eyes,  "You are my problem! Why would you do that! You know what? Never mind! If you were smart, you'd leave me alone!"

I ignored his protests, finally unblocking my wolf and taking off away from the man that I regretably have to call my Mate.

My wolf panted, our muscles protested and I finally broke. I fell to my knees, standing on the side of a cliff, holding my face in my hands, sobbing uncontrollably.

My heart ached, not as bad as I felt long ago when I was rejected, but enough that it hurt for my to break down like this. I hated Zayden, but my wolf loved him, yet, we were in love with Gale. He loved us, cared for us, and showed us a true way to live, and how did I end up repaying him....

I'm really sorry... I couldn't help myself... My wolf whimpered to me, I know he's something we shouldn't be around but... we need him to feel complete...It'll be alright.. Gale will forgive us... right?

I patted her head sadly in our mental place, I hope so... I really do...

I got to my feet, thinking of how it would all go down back at the castle, only for a hand to come across my mouth.

Zayden's POV....

I paced back to the castle. At the doors,  was Zander and Gale waiting for me with a look of concern on their faces.

"Where's Aubrey?" Zander asked, but next to him Gale stiffened. When Gale's hand reached out, grabbing me by the shoulders, I narrowed my eyes.

"You bastard!" He spat in my face, "You mated her, didn't you!"

I nodded, "Yeah, but it's not your concern! She's my mate!"

"Will both of you relax!" Zander growled, separating us, "You two can worry about it later! Right now, we got bigger things to worry about!"

"What's that?"

Zander flicked his eyes between us, "Someone inside is leaking information to the outside, and everything seems to be pointing one to us, and the higher ups. Those who seem to stick around the Alphas a lot..but where's Aubrey?"

What came after, before anyone could speak a word, was a familiar ear piercing scream from the cliffs, in which we all knew who it was.

"Aubrey!"