Chapter 7

Beth's P.O.V.
The weeks almost up, Sam and Dean are leaving tomorrow. Dean has changed so much though. I'm sure he's gonna come and visit Lily when he can. She's been so happy these past couple of days. Sam and Dean walk downstairs with their bags.
"We have to leave tonight." Sam says.
"Okay, why?"
"We found a case in Ohio."
Of course. I sigh, knowing it's their job.
"Did you say goodbye to Lily?"
"I'm going to do that now." Sam says.
I look at Dean.
"What?"
"Aren't you going to say bye to Lily?"
"Beth, you told me to pretend I was her uncle and I did. I'm leaving for good. I'm sure Sam will visit but I won't. I have to get back to Lisa and Ben."
"Lisa and Ben?! Lily is your child and you have to get back to them?! You don't love me, fine. I don't care, but you will not go and be a father to someone else's kid and not be one to your actual child."
He scoffs.
"She's not mine, Beth. How many times do I have to tell you that?"
"Did you hit your head?! She's yours. I was never with anyone else. She's a spitting image of you. She acts like you. Do you want a DNA test? She's yours!"
"She's not mine if I don't want her."
"I'm so stupid, thinking you could change." I whisper, with tears in my eyes.
"Don't cry, don't cry. I'll say goodbye to her. Just calm down."
"Don't talk to my daughter."
"What? You just said-"
"I don't give a damn what I said. If you walk out of that door and you go home to them, don't ever come back. You said it yourself. She's not your kid."
"Don't worry, he won't be coming back." Sam growls.
I look to see Sam sitting on the staircase. He probably heard everything. He walks up to Dean and punches him, knocking him onto the floor.
"Woah, Sam! Cool it." Bobby says as he walks in going to help Dean up.
"He's leaving Beth. Again."
Bobby lets go if Deans hand. Dean stumbles but doesn't fall since he was already almost on his feet.
"Well if you leave, you ain't coming back."
Dean looks at Bobby shocked.
"Lets go Dean." Sam says. "I'll be back to see Lily soon."
I nod at him.
"Sam."
"Yeah?"
"Thank you." I mumble.
"For what?"
"Being a father figure to her. You too, Bobby. Thank you. She really needs it. I'm glad she has you guys."
"Of course. My brothers made countless mistakes, but Lily was definitely not one of them."
Dean shoves his bag onto the couch and walks outside. I look at Sam confused and he shrugs. Dean comes back in about 5 minutes later and sits on the couch.
"Um?"
"Can it, Beth. You got what you wanted."
I look at him confused.
"I broke it off with Lisa."
"I never said I wanted that. I said not to come back if you were going to be a father to Ben and not Lily."
Dean rolls his eyes.
"Uncle Sam?"
Sam's eyes dart to the top of the stairs, everyone else's eyes slowly following Sam's.
"I'm scared."
He gets on his knees and opens his arms as Lily fumbles down the stairs and into his arms.
"Why are you scared?"
"There's something in my closet." She whispers.
I quickly dart up the stairs and Dean follows. I walk into her room, my knife in my hand. I hear scratching and I slowly open her closet. Danny, Lily's missing hamster runs out and I sigh. I pick him up and set him in his cage. I lay on Lily's bed, suddenly exhausted. Dean joins after a minute and we just lay there in silence.
"How can you love Ben but not Lily?"
"I never said I didn't."
"If you loved her, you wouldn't have tried to leave."
"You don't understand." He growls sharply.
I sit up and put my hand on his face.
"Then explain.. Please."
He looks at me and slowly sits up. His eyes travel down to my lips and he slowly leans in.
"Dean." I whisper.
"Shh."
I feel his soft lips on mine for the first time in what feels like forever. I wrap my arms around his neck, softly kissing back. He pulls away and looks at me.
"It's because I love you- and Lily that I have to go."
"You don't have to go."
"Beth, you know the life I live. I can't bring you guys into that."
"Dea-"
"I love both of you, but I have to go. I can't come back."
A tear falls from my eyes and Dean wipes it away gently.
"Please don't go." I croak.
"I have to."
I nod, knowing I won't change his mind. He kisses my forehead and walks downstairs. I hear the roar of the impala. He pulled me back in so easily, then he hurt me again. I understand why he's doing it though. At least it ended better this time. I sigh. I look up as Lily walks in.
"Look what uncle Dean gave me!" She shouts happily, holding up a small teddy bear.
I smile at her as she crawls into bed beside me.
"Goodnight mommy." She yawns.
"Goodnight Lily."
I doze off in Lily's bed with her, not wanting to be alone.