Chapter Four

psy·cho·path

ˈsīkəˌpaTH/ NOUN

1. a person suffering from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior.

Two days later

Clarissa stood in the lunchroom line. It had been quite sometime since she had been in school. Today was Mark's first day back as well. Of course Molly was all over him trying to make it impossible for her to talk to Mark. Clarissa inwardly sighed as she walked from the line without paying for her lunch. Not sure where she should sit she walked outside to sit by the tree.

From inside she could see Mark turn to look at her. He pulled himself up and walked over to her. Well it looked more like wobbling. Clarissa couldn't help but laugh at her best friend as he wobbled over to her. He was laughing too. And just like that everything was back to the way it was. He took a seat and Clarissa took this time to look over him.

He had a broken leg and a broken arm. Lucky for the both of them he only broke ligaments on the right side and he was a lefty. His face was bruised and he looked really different to her. Then it hit her and she started crying.

"Hey, hey it's okay, it's not your fault," he comforted her.

All she could do was shake her head and look in his brown eyes. They used to be so mysterious and now they were just dull and empty to her.

"Molly cheated on you," Clarissa blurted.

"What?" He asked.

"I saw it Mark, when I was at your house she and Austin were," He wouldn't let her finished.

"You have some nerve Clar, stop lying," he said, he was getting angry.

Clarissa stood up, tears falling from her eyes faster.

"It is true Mark Why woul-" she choked on her tears.

"You know I wanted to believe that you weren't jealous but that's all you are! You have some crazy crush on me, we are just friends Clarissa!" Mark yelled at her.

She flinched in fear, he was mad at her. She was having a hard time breathing. She looked at Molly and a smile sat on her lips, this was her fault, that witch would pay for everything.

"No, Mark I am serious! Why would I hurt you like that?!" Clarissa screamed sobbing loudly.

"Because Molly said th-" Mark said defensively realizing that Clarissa wasn't lying, she never cried like this unless she was really hurt.

He reached out to touch her, he didn't realize that he could hurt her like this. He thought he was doing the right thing, he wanted to believe in Molly. He looked towards his girlfriend and saw her laughing and he felt his heart break, she had lied.

"Don't touch me!" Clarissa yelled catching everyone off guard.

She ran from him, through the lunchroom and to the front of the school. She took out her phone as she sobbed and went to dial James' number and dialed. It rang for a few seconds but stopped and hung up when she realized he was gone and started crying more. She threw her phone on the ground causing it to shatter into a few pieces.

She walked to her car while wiping her tears causing her to smear makeup. She didn't care though. She looked in her rearview mirror to see black mascarra running down her face, of course the one day she tries to wear no-waterproof makeup she cries. She drove home and sat in her car. She stared blankly at the field next to her house until a knock on her window pulled her from her thoughts. Jumping a little she lookes out her window.