Chapter Two

in·sane

inˈsān/ ADJECTIVE

1. in a state of mind that prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction; seriously mentally ill.

1 week later

Clarissa sat in the back of the class staring straight forward at the white board, she had completely blocked out the world. She had been conflicted. She didn't know if she should tell Mark what happened at the mall last Friday. She thought it was the right thing to do, but then again she thought that hurting that boy was the right thing to do.

For Clarissa it was difficult making choices, she wasn't sure if she was doing the right thing. She would have periods of time where she would thing something was perfectly normal but then out of the blue she would break down and regret filled her mind and she would hurt herself. The only person who knew about her mental break downs was Mark.

Sighing inwardly Clarissa looked up at the clock and decided that her sixth period class was taking too long, she needed to be somewhere safe and the only place that made sense to her was Marks house.

She wasn't going to tell him that Molly was using him. She knew it would hurt him. He might not even believe her and that mad her mad. She couldn't deal with the thought in her head so she stood up causing a distraction in the classroom.

"Miss Hadden please sit down," the teacher said calmly.

"Fuck off," Clarissa said as she walked out the classroom.

She could hear the students gasps, she had never spoken to a teacher like that. New rumors were about to be all around the school but Clarissa didn't care. There was still a few minuets till the bell rang so she walked to the math hall way to wait for Mark. no one payed much attention to the blonde walking down the hall ways. they thought is was best to avoid her, she was thankful for that.

As she reached his classroom the bell rang and the students poured out, Molly wasn't at school so Mark was surprised to see someone waiting for him outside his class. it didn't take him long to realize that Clarissa was upset.

"Hey Clar, whats wrong?" He asked his blonde friend.

"I, I cant think straight," she said looking at the floor and then looking at his face.

She marveled at his beauty, the way his eyes were full of life and the way he looked at her, it made her feel welcomed.

His face slowly went from confused to understanding. He knew Clarissa more than he knew himself.

"Oh Clar, I cant.. Not today, I have a football meeting today, but if you wanna wait at my house I should be home in a few hours," he suggested and that made her smile.

"Yeah okay I will just hang out at your place," she repeated more to herself than to him.

The halls were beginning to empty and there were only a few students in the hallway, including Mark and Clarissa, she stayed silent while looking at the floor.

"I better go now, I will see you later," he said while walking towards the gym.

Clarissa stood there for a few more moments until she decided that she need to go. She walked across the parking lot and got in her car. Mark lived quite away from the school so it took her a few minutes to get to his place. He lived in a wealthy gated community, a safe place for children. Total opposite from Molly.

When she arrived to his house she didn't bother knocking she just unlocked the door and walked in. She had a house key, something had made the Harmon residence trust her. She put in the key and slowly turned the knob. When she walked in she could hear a distinct female moan coming from upstairs.