Chapter 5

Hey y'all! The picture is of the Willows family!!! I just find Pipin to damn cute!! Lol well anyways hope y'all enjoy the chapter! Oh and also do you guys like the flashbacks? Let me know! Alright, love y'all!

Rylei's POV:

All I could hear was the pounding of my heart as the leaves crunch under our shoes. The breeze of the wind blowing my tangled hair out of my face. The breeze felt good on my skin under the Georgia heat.

Daryl was walking in front of me as we trudge through the forest. We have been walking for about 45 minutes now. The sun blaring through the trees making sweat drip off my head.

I stare at the ground making sure not to trip. I look up every once in a while to see Daryl's back turned to me.

"Hey Daryl?" I asked as I stay behind him.

"Ya?" He asks low as we kept walking.

"Why'd you help me?" I look at the ground in case he turns around to look at me.

"Cause ya' were hurt." He grumbles and keeps his head looking forward. His short greasy hair blowing slightly in the wind.

I stay quiet not knowing what to say. I look up at Daryl as he slightly has slowed his pace slightly. The more I look at Daryl, the more I find him more interesting. He is mysterious, and yet seems like he is an open book.

He seems to always have the same facial expression on his face; emotionless. But his eyes are so bright. How he carries himself is like he wants to intimidate people to the bone; scare them to the their core. He also seems to be angry, at what? I don't know. Maybe the world? Maybe himself?

I stare at the ground making sure my clumsy ass won't fall. All I see is the leaves crunch and break under my feet. I keep walking silently behind Daryl until I run into something hard and stumble back.

I look up to see what the hell I have run into. Daryl has stopped and still as a rock. I slowly walk up to him and look the direction he is looking.

In front of us was a large heard of walkers stumbling around... coming in our direction. Daryl grabs my arm and moves us behind a large tree. He pushes me up against the tree so that my back is up against the trunk of the tree, bark scraping my back.

Daryl is pressed up against me. His breath on my face as he breaths hard. He looks around frantically before letting me go and stepping aways slightly. Before I can even blink Daryl is swiftly moving to grab a stabbed walker that's on the ground.

He looks at me. "lay down." He whispers as he picks the dead corpse. I'm frozen not knowing what he is about to do. He raises his eyebrows still looking at me.

Under his frantic gaze I slowly lower myself on the ground trying not to make any noise. He takes my shoulder and pushes me on the ground completely. I hear the gurgles and the moans of the walking dead getting closer. He looks around quickly, and drops almost completely on top of me in an instant. He puts the dead corpse on top of us. The smell of rotting flesh fills my nose.

I try not to gag from how bad the smell is. I hear the shuffling and groans of walkers next to me. I go completely stiff, not moving a muscle.

All I hear is the shuffling of the leaves mixing with the noises and gurgling of the walkers... Even through the walkers I can still hear Daryl's breath in my ear. It's quite and labored. I feel his warm breath on my shoulder and ear. This starts to to give me goose bumps... why is this giving me goose bumps?

Maybe it's from human contact; which believe me, I have not had in a long time. I can feel his arm flex as the walkers get closer to us, but still not noticing us. His arm slightly touches mine and my arm lights up with electricity, and my breath hitches slightly. I turn into an apple as his skin makes contact with mine. In this moment, I'm thankful that my face is turned away from him.