Chapter 15

This last day of shooting was one of the hardest and longest shootings I had. Not because of the scenes, I was well prepared of that, but it was because of Don, I don't know if he was purposely doing it hard for me or he's just not prepared at all.

Nakailang take na kami ng final scene but damn it he's forgetting the lines.

"Don gusto mo ba may idiot board pa tayo? We already had 5 takes nito, are you doing this on purpose?" kanina pa naiinis si Iya dahil last scene na nga and everyone was really tired. Last time naman he had an easy time memorizing the script and right now mas maiikli na ang line but I can't really see why he's having a hard time on this.

I asked for a five minute break because I want to talk to him on private. We got into the pool area and he was just staring at the script.

"Do we have a problem Don?" umiling lamang ito and he was still staring at his script.

"Then why are you like this? Last time naman it was really easy for you to do the role anung problema ngayon?" Hindi siya sumasagot and he was really frustrating me now.

"You know what? I'm really tired Don and all of our groupmates, we have upcoming exams and shitty projects kaya please naman cooperate with us, last scene na to." he just looked at me and sighed.

"that's my problem, last scene na to" he sounded as if ang laking problema non.

"maybe the last time with you" he said like he hid a long time ago. Nagulat ako sa sinabi niya, I already felt that he has a thing on me but I never imagined na he would take it to the next level.

"I'm not going anywhere Don and we're classmates, we're on the same block, anung problema don" napailing siya na para bang ayaw niya sa mga sinabi ko. Tumayo siya at humarap saakin.

"You don't get it do you? I just fck':$ like you that's why" Umalis na siya at mamaya ay bumalik narin ako dun sa area ng shoot. I don't know what to say or even what to think of, paulit ulit lang sa ulo ko ang sinabi niya and it felt like I did something wrong to him.

Nag start yung shoot and at last ay natapos namin ang last part ng film. Don didn't even flinch when were having our lines in front of each other. But I can see the disappointment in his eyes like it was pleading something.

He needs to hug me on the last part and I need to hug him back too pero mukang ako naman ang nakaramdam ng ilang sa kanya. We still manage to pull off the act kaya naman ay natuwa ang lahat.

Maya maya pa ay nagpapahinga na ang lahat at naguusap tungkol sa mga bloopers ng film. I saw Iya talking to Don and he just smiled back at her at bumalik na sa sala. I couldn't look straight at him dahil feeling ko ay para akong nauupos na kandila.

"Congratulations to all of us, we all did great, now pahinga na, I mean pwede na mag aral dahil editing team na ang bahala sa shinoot natin" she looked at me like she's motioning me to say something.

Tumayo ako and I thanked them most especially those who were helping me with my scenes. I glanced at Don but he was just looking at his phone. I guess that's his way of blurring me out of his world.

--

I was looking on the same page I've been staring for an hour and until now wala parin pumapasok sa isip ko. Everything is really messy, specifically my mind. I didn't see that Don would be like that, he never showed me any signs before, in fact we were not that close to begin with. How could he be so random?

Maybe I just need to unwind a bit after this, exam nalang naman and sem break na. Mom already booked a flight for me and its a two way trip. She really made sure na babalik ako dito. I'm not a rebel type kid that pushes what they want, I do know my priorities, especially my studies.

--

Kaliwa't kanan ang exam kaya naman halos lahat ay seryoso sa pag rereview, I only got my serious review nung nasa library na ko nag aral. Sir Mack knows about my exams kaya hindi na siya gaanong nag ttxt saakin but he always see to it na kakain ako or mag papahinga ako.

Library was almost not a library anymore dahil sa dami ng tao at di maiwasang pag uusap ng studyante. Kahit pa anung sitsit ng mga librarian ay bumalik din ang mga pag uusap.

My exams were mostly computations because dominated ng math ang subjects ko this sem. Kaya naman I almost gave up on this and just slip it all the way pero I don't want to fail my parents just because hindi na kaya, doesn't mean na imposible I just need to work harder to pass this.

I was walking through the botanical garden papuntang parking lot. It was almost 8pm and the sky was full of stars. Napangiti ako remembering that moment.

--

"How come stars can still be bright as they are even though they're so far away?" I asked him while we were at the back of his car.

He always shrugg everytime I ask questions he thinks is so lame but then the moment he looks at me and answetd me I would be left speechless.

"Not all that you see are stars idiot, most of them are satellite" I made a face and he giggled and pulled me into a back hug.

"Stars, like people who love you, will never fade away no matter how far you are or even when your lost. Many people say it's like faith, as long as you see it you'll always believe it."

--

A tear escaped my eye immediately when I remebered it. I thought it will be happy memory for me but instead it just made me sad for a moment.

Nakasakay na ako sa sasakyan namin when I received a text from Mack.

Sir Mack:

See you in my dreams but I'm more excited to see you tomorrow. Night sleepyhead 😉

Wtf?!