Epilogue

Oh dear, I wouldn't know what is the name available for you to call us. We are called differently by many often in different occasions and centuries. Demons, monsters, vampires, werewolves... But none of the things they write in their folklore are even close to explaining to who we really are. We exist to instill fear in humans. Without such monstrosity, humans will lose their faith in God. Thus, we are needed to exist to balance the world.

Let me tell you what really happened that night and who I really am. Dominic Liam is just my name in this lifetime. I was called by many names in my previous lives. Yes, among all, I was the only one who would go through re-birthing. Over and over and over again... Until it reaches the next century for us to feast, my underlings will come in that few years ahead to guide me... as I had forgotten who I was. You see... Kyo, Tony, and Alec came to me in the time when I was 14 to guide me as always. They always wore different faces each century and came in many ways. As friends, enemies, and sometimes lovers... They love the game of me forgetting and remembering who I truly am.

But this time was different. You see... I turned Micah into one of us. I couldn't help myself. After been living since the beginning of time, I have finally found my soul mate. The one I will mate with for the rest of my life. So that night, I released my demon and let him feast on Micah. All of him... down to his very bones... and the last of his blood. All clean... Of course, my demon then threw up all of his remains... and it took 5 years for him to reform to his original structure. Hence, his return...

The ritual was not performed to kill Micah. It was actually performed to resurrect my memories. And now I'm watching the whole Brackish Ville in ruins, flames, and bathed in blood. We had feasted on them. Everyone in town. No one can survive this. Soon, my underlings will go to sleep to wait for the next century to start the cycle all over again. But I won't be alone again until then. Micah and I... we will both disappear now into the dust and enter any pregnant humans as their sons or daughters, feast on the babies' soul so we could take over and start our re-birthing. Over and over and over again... So, where will out next stop be?

֍֎֍

*Author's Note: Stay tuned for extra chapter and side story coming up next. -K

֍֍֍

NEXT UPDATE: 2022/11/25