1: Blue Mist

I slam shut my potions book as I awkwardly shuffle out from my desk. the room was silent other than the occasional scratching of a quill.

I had finished my essay ages before every one, although my best friend Remi Black (granddaughter of Harry potter) was still only halfway down her roll of parchment obliviously trying to remember who invented wolfsbane poition or something like that.

She really didn't have her mothers talent for potions, but was top of the class at charms.

On my left was my dimwitted distantly related cousin Tom Malfoy , who very much resembled his grandfather Draco Malfoy.

Thinking I was going to be bored out of my mind for the next 15 minutes Peeves comes cartwheeling in on the tables, personally I was astonished that he would interrupt such an important lesson. Professor Alacara's body shook with anger and shouted.

"Get out of my class, Peeves!" peeves stopped immediately and his grin disappeared almost instantly. peeves had finally found some one he feared more than the Bloody Baron.

Peeves scraped from the dungeons in which they where working, a clock went off signaling they had ten minutes to go, I turn my head swiftly seeing Remi mouthing the words "help me" I thought cheating was beneath me so I shrug and look around at the rest of the class.

Tom was staring unbashfully at the back of my head I mouthed the words "quit it!" As he didn't stop I focused on making my hair turn a violent shade of orange.

Since I was a metamorphagus I could change my appearance at will like my father and his mother before that. Getting the message his gaze turned back to his parchment.

My hair changed back to its normal pale blonde colour, Remi was always telling me to make it a prettier blonde. the bell goes making everyone scribble last minute answers before Professor Alacara grabs her wand and flicks it lazily making the many rolls of parchment come zooming to her desk and landing in a perfect pile.

The room filled it self with the noises of people pushing their way towards the door, once outside departing their separate ways. as Remi and I walk outside we pass the HufflePuff common room on our way I catch a glimpse of my self in a mirror,

My pale blonde hair was in a loose braid falling down the back of my robes, the intense colour of my turquoise eyes gave me and angelic look (I was also partly veela) but my robes were a few inches to short.

On the plus side I had one if the best complexions in the whole fifth year, well apart from Remi who didn't look anything like me but many people thought we were sisters.

She pulled her hair out of the loose bun she had been keeping it in all day. it fell down her back into waves, she was extremely pale which was unusual for she spent most of her time outside but her eyes were quite different from her mothers.

Lily Potter had dark brown eyes while Ginny's was sapphire blue. But she had her mothers bubbly personality.

"You should change your hair" she said absently looking out the window

"But I like my natural colour" I reply knowing where this conversation will go for we have it everyday

"But it would be easy, and you could change it if you didn't like it." She said offhandedly, I throw her a look of disaproval and she understand I'm not really in the mood. We reach the portrait of the Fat Lady who had been playing with a wreath on her head

"Password" she asks

"Alohamora" Remi said confidently

the portrait swung open and we entered the common room. As we walk into the girls dormitory we pass Alexis Pickket looking out the window staring down at the greenhouse her short brown hair in a pixie cut she turns and says hello to us on our way to our trunks.