2; Auston Matthews

This one is for @ToewsBeforeHoes because she was so nice on my last imagine & who wouldn't want an Auston Matthews imagine like c'mon!!

//

You and Auston have known each other your whole lives. It wasn't until a couple years ago that he finally asked you out. Of course you said yes, you've had a crush on him since 8th grade. Since then his hockey career really started to get more busy, and he took it way more seriously than he did in high school. Of course you had your occasional fight but you guys loved each other too much to let it affect your relationship.

When you figured out he was likely to be a top draft pick for the the 2016 draft you knew that this was a big step in your relationship. You'd have to be there to support him at every home game, have to receive hate from some of his jealous girl fans, but you were ready to take that step, no matter the things you might have to go through.

So here you are getting ready for the 2016 draft. You were going to go along with Auston and his family to go support this big achievement in his life. You know how much this means to him, and you wouldn't miss this for the world. He walks into the room while you're putting the finishing touches on your makeup. He's dressed in a nice black dress suit and a navy blue tie. He looks so happy. Possibly the happiest you've ever seen him before. You stand up to go give him a huge hug.

"I'm so happy on what you've accomplished Auston. And I'm so happy that I'm here with you right now." You say into his shoulder.

"And I'm happy you're here too. I wouldn't want it be anyone else." He smiles into your ear which also makes you smile. "Also you look gorgeous." He adds, making you blush.

You pull away from the hug and check yourself in the mirror one last time. You're wearing a plain black dress that comes right above your knees and hugs your body nicely. You have black heels on and a sliver necklace that Auston gave you for your guys' one year anniversary which was two years ago. Your hair is nicely curled, and goes down to the middle of your back. You smile at yourself and begin to walk out the bedroom door. Auston grabs your hand and smiles at you. Here goes one of the biggest commitments of Auston and I's life and relationship.

//

You sit in your seat next to Auston's mom. You try to hide you nervousness but it doesn't seem to work because she asks you if you're alright.

"Yeah I'm fine, I'm just super nervous because he's going to be gone all the time, and I don't know how much I'm going to see him." You respond to her, clearly feeling sad.

"Is that really what you're worried about?" She asks. "Honey, my son loves you so much and I don't think he would do anything that would ruin your relationship. If anything this is going to be the best part of your relationship. Auston wants to marry you and I know that for a fact, so don't fret over something small like this." She says giving me a smile and tapping me on the thigh. Her words replay in your mind. Auston wants to marry you. Her words make you smile. Maybe this won't affect your relationship at all. You look over at Auston who's laughing at something his dad said. You smile at how much this family loves each other. And maybe Mrs. Matthews is right, you might be part of this family one day.

You hear over the loudspeaker that the draft was going to start shortly so you sit back in your seat, this time you don't feel nervous, but a sense of calmness runs through you.

The Toronto Maple Leafs are up first to pick their next big star. You sit on the edge of your seat now feeling nervous again. The two men on stage have a little conversation before one of them finally takes his stand in front of the microphone.

"First we'd like to thank the Toronto fans, and hope this is a good decision on our part." The man says. "Now with that said, the Toronto Maple Leafs would like to proudly select for the first pick overall, from San Ramon, California, Auston Matthews."

You bolt out of your seat and look at Auston. He's hugging his mom and dad. You've never been more proud in your life. He comes over to you to give you your hug. But this isn't like any other hug before. This is one that will change your life and make you have a more committed relationship. A hug, that will make you fight for what you want and deserve.

"I love you so much. Thank you for always being there for me and supporting me in whatever my decision is." He whispers to you. You smile big at him and give him a tap on the back.

"Go. Go get what you've been wanting the past ten years." You say to him while smiling ear to ear motioning towards the stage at which the Maple Leafs staff is waiting to present him with his gear. He nods and starts to walk down. You've never seen him walk so confidently before. And you like it. You see the staff handing him is new, jersey and hat. He puts them both on and smiles up to the crowd. Maybe this won't be bad after all. You blow him one last kiss before sitting back down in your seat and thinking about everything that just happened.

//

So I think we can all say that we're happy that Auston Matthews is playing in the NHL. This was so fun to write and I might do a part two to this? Should I make a part two to this story or just leave it like it is? Thanks for reading and I hoped you enjoyed!!