Chapter 23

Tarrant. I can't speak. I can't move. "Wha- where- um-" I'm all too flustered. Then I black out.

I come back with someone kissing me. Not soft, not ruff, just passionate. I open my eyes it's Tarrant. He has a hold of my hand tightly, there's something in it, I drop it. I hear it hit the floor then Tarrant pulls away. I look down at what I was holding. It was one of the table knives. I look back at Tarrant. His eyes soft and comforting.

"Tarrant."

"Yes love?" His eyes examining my face.

"Did, what, how," I pause and try to form a sentence without bursting into tears. "I thought you were gone."

"I know." I fall and become dead weight. He sits me down. "Sweet love, let's go home." I nod and he picks me up bridal style and turns to everyone. "We will see you tomorrow." I buried my face into his chest, unable to see their faces. Then he walks towards the house.

"Tarrant?"

"Shh..."

"Tarrant. Please." I look at him with pleading eyes. "Answer me." He looks at me with comforting eyes.

"I will love." I have so many questions. One being if this is even real. I shut up and tuck back into his chest. Then the next thing I know we're on the couch, him still holding me bridal style. "Okay. You can ask your questions." I nod.

"If... what... we..."

"Sweet love. Think about the questions. There is no rush." I nod.

"Okay. Are you real?"

"Yes."

"Did I hurt you?"

"No not at all. Volcano on the other hand." He says as he moves his right hand from my hip to his shirt and shows his collar bone. It was a deep cut. I look at him and and back at the cut. "It's fine."

"No it's not! That... that...!" He cuts me off by putting his hand on my mouth.

"She did not do serious damage, I'm not mad. I'm too bewitched by your beauty."

"I've missed you so much. Why weren't you here for a week?"

"I was making sure that the red Queen and Lusavatch made it to the outskirts of underland without dying...I love you, I'm sorry that I hurt, that I caused you pain."

"Shut up and kiss me you mad fool." I grab his shirt and pull him in. We kiss passionately, more than ever. I never wanted it to end. But alas he has to breath. We separate and just cuddle again.

"What did you do when you thought I was dead?" I was so shocked that he said the word.

"I was in your bed."

"The whole time?" I simply nod. "Did you get out of it to do anything?" I shake my head no. "Did you eat and drink anything?" His voice becoming angry and sad, maybe even worried. I shake my head no again and move my right arm to stroke his jaw line. Knowing it would calm him down. "I'm sorry."

"Shh.." was all I could say to him.

"No really. I should have came straight home. I should have-"

"Tarrant. Love. You did what you thought best. I'm not mad. Just shut up and take my love in the form of a cuddle."

"Yes ma'am." He says in a sigh.

We cuddle for a bit longer.

"Tarrant. You must be hungry." I say getting up but my attempt was futile. He kept me locked in his grasp.

"I'm not at all." He picks me up and takes me to his room and places me on the bed and goes around and lays down. I slide closer to him and he wraps his arms around me. But instead of cuddling he tickles me.

"Tarrant! HAHAHA! STOP! HAHAHA!" He chuckles as he tortures me. "Tarrant I can't breath. Oh my gosh." I say as he starts slowing down the giggle fest he started. He sits up watching me fix myself. "What was that for?" I giggle at his large smirk. The smirk that I've missed.

"I missed your laugh." He's smile becomes sad. I jolt at him in a hug. He look at me with worry. "Monica?"

"Yes dear." His face becomes relief. "You thought I might have been volcano, didn't you."

"No volcano would have strangled me." Now my face showed worry. "Come on love let's get to bed." I nod getting off of him.

"I'm going to change, okay?" He nods and I walk out, to my room. I change into my night clothes. After I change, I return back to Tarrant room. He lays down in his bed as I enter. "May I join?" I ask, hoping it would be okay.

"Of course." He holds his arms out. "I don't want you to leave my side again." I join him and snuggle. He's warm, smells like he use to, lavender. I've missed him so much. I wish we could get married sooner.

"Tarrant."

"Yes darling?"

"When are we getting married?"

"Tomorrow." I sit up and look at him.

"What?" I didn't mean that soon.

"What, you don't want to?"

"No, I'm just am surprised at how soon."

"It could be later if you wish."

"No. Tomorrow. Great. Yeah. Okay" I say more to me than to him. This didn't go unnoticed.

"Monica what's wrong?"

"I don't know. Maybe I haven't fully... come to terms that I'm awake."

"What do you mean love?"

"Like I don't want to wake up tomorrow morning and you not here." I look at him. His face sad, then I feel a tear stroll down my face. He wipes the tear away and strokes my cheek.

"Dear love. This is not a dream. I'm real. What can I do to prove that?"

"Do something my Tarrant would do?"
He nods in response. He walks out of the room and comes back with his hand behind his back.

"You know how I'm making your wedding dress." He pulls out a white bag, the kind you put dresses in. He places it on the bed and I stand up and unzip the bag. showing a beautiful dress. (picture). Tarrant on the other side of the bed, look at my face to see how i feel about it. His hand blocking his smirk of anticipation. "What do you think?"

"I love it." I say just above a whisper. "Thank you." I look up at him.

"Are you sure? You don't seem very amused." I shake my head yes. Then I feel a tear creep down my face. "Then why are you crying?"

"Tears of joy."

"Love whats wrong, really."

"It's just a lot of good, great things have happened to me in so little time. I mean five hours. That is a true record for me." He nods and gets in bed and lightly tapps his chest, signaling me to lay down. I nod and lay down. "Tarrant?"

"Hmm..." he responds.

"Thank you."

"Your welcome." 

"No I don't mean the dress, well yeah, I do. But I mean for everything."

"I love you, Monica."

"I love you Tarrant Hightop." Then we drift off to sleep.

Hey guys. I have worked so hard on this chapter. Litteraly have been working on this for a week to get it perfect. I don't know if it is as amazing as I hope for it to be. I'll let y'all judge that. Okay. Bye. ;-) ;-) ;-)