Chapter 2

Coincidently, the first lesson today was Geography. Hopefully George on the bus was the correct George, and there wasn't another George joining us. He seems okay, just a bit broken and lost. Like when we hopped off of the bus he just stood there looking around, causing people to push him out f the way. I sort of had to show him where to go. Lily just sniggered alongside with Joe, which made me quite angry. I'd honestly be the exact same as George if I'd just moved to a completely different school and not know anyone. I'd like a little friend to boost me along, and I'm going to be that little friend towards George. 

We got into tutor this morning, and yet again our tutor wasn't here, so we had a substitute, who really doesn't like me, and for no apparent reason either. I just talked to Lily and Joe, not noticing George sat at the back, by himself.  

"George come sit with us!" I smiled at him. He looked very confused, like no-one had even offered him before. 

"You sure, I don't want to intrude." He said awkwardly. 

"I invited you, that's not intruding!" I laughed. 

"T-thank you." He said, stumbling over, causing a couple of jerks at the side, laugh and make some nasty comment. George looked over, all red in the face, pulling his jumper down, and raking his fingers through his hair. 

"Ignore them." I told him, watching him sit down. 

"They're the bullies, they're horrible." Joe said. 

"Yeah, I-I thought so." George stuttered. 

"So what lessons do you have today?" I asked George. 

He quickly fumbled around in his bag, and tugged out a scrumpled up bit of paper, making him laugh a bit. 

"How long have you had that?" I asked laughing. 

"About 5 or so minutes!" He said giggling. Let's just say, his laugh is the most goddam cutest thing ever!

He unscrumpled it, gaining a few rips and tears. 

"Geography, Science, Music, PE & English." He said, placing his timetable back in his bag.

"Wait give that to me, we might have the same teachers." I said, taking it off of him. 

"We have Geography, Music, PE & English toge-" I began but got interrupted by the bell. I handed George his timetable back, and fumbled around with my bags, before heading up to Geography, George tagging along close behind. As we got to Geography, Miss had done another seating plan, where we'd be sitting with our partners we were paired up with, for the Geography field trip. 

I don't think George remembered me telling him this morning about us being Geography partners, so I smiled at him and walked over to the back calling him over. 

"Are we partners then?" George said standing at the front pointing at me, and I nodded.

"Okay cool." He said sitting next to me. 

Miss was being really nice towards me and George throughout the whole lesson, but I guess she's just making George feel comfortable and selted in. We weren't really talking alot through the lesson. I was always the one making conversation anyway, his answers were always short. The only time he really perked up is when I changed the topic to music, so he was obviously quite keen on it. He told me about how he use to play the guitar, and he was about to tell me why, until he shut up and began getting on with his work again. 

When the bell went after what seemed like ages, George just looked at me. 

"We have Science." I said, walking out into the busy corridor.