Chapter 5: a guide to the darkness

I would like to thank NyahWatterson for requesting this story... Thank you. 👏🙂 your contribution to the fandom was much appreciated by all. Now onto the story...
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Coralines POV: it was dark again, and peaceful. A moonless night full of stars. I finally thought I was at peace. But then the nightmares came coming back, closer and closer as the shadows prowled. But I couldn't move. I was too afraid. "GO AWAY!" (Sobs) "please go away." I was afraid they where going to hurt me. They always hurt me. "Please (sobs) go away."

???- don't be afraid coraline. You are home now, and nothing can hurt you here, not anymore.

I heard a sweat and soothing voice call out to me from the darkness as the shadows seemingly froze in place. And from within the darkness I saw... A glowing figure. A little girl. The girl from the well. Except she was different somehow, she still reminded me of... Me, but somehow radiated pure beauty.

???- it's alright coraline. Come into the darkness, follow my voice.

I was entranced by this figure... As I walked slowly towards her. I'd thought my mind would be screaming at me to run away now, to leave while I still could. But everything just felt so right as the little girl stuck out her hand for me to take. Everything is ok. I will be home soon. Back to where I belong. I followed her as she took me deeper into darkness... And into the arms of the waiting beldam. "Mommy were home."

I saw nothing more after this, but maybe a flash of blondish white, coupled with that very last image of the little girl. And her big bright shiny Crystal eyes. I WOKE UP.