Chapter 7: dinner and a game

I sat at the dinner table. Quiet. As I watched everyone else eat, even the other mother. I watched as the other father cracked jokes and...ceila? Hung close and tightly to... Mother. (Sigh.) I guess this is my life now anyways. To be honest though, I guess it's not so bad... For now anyways. (Oh coraline dear? Wouldn't you and ceila like to play a little game after breakfast?) spoke too soon. (Sure. Hide and seek?) here we go again. (That's a marvelous idea coraline, hide and seek it is!) ceila was excited too, spouting a bunch of nonsense out of a blueberry pancake filled mouth. I knew that she would win easily, no matter what. But I also knew I had no say in the matter, so I just nodded my head and excused myself from the table. (Oh of course coraline sweetie, feel free to join us whenever you are ready to start the game.) I thanked her and left. Nothing I can do, nowhere I can go, I just wanted some time alone to myself... To get my barings in place... (Meow.)

Coraline: oh! Jeez you startled me! A little warning next time would be much appreciated you know.

Cat: hmmhmm sorry. But I guess I'm just not the predictably type of guy. (No duh.) sigh. It seems as though you've put yourself in another one of your little... Predicaments. Isn't that right... Coraline Johns?

Coraline: it's not my fault my parents wouldn't believe a word I was saying and then threw me in a freakin looney bin!!! (The first one... No, I suppose not. The secondary one however...) oh no, don't you go starting with that too! What, are you Ganna try to throw me out too... (Sobbing) just like they did?

Cat crawled up into my lap and started purring. I guess that made me feel a little bit better. (No. I'm not going to do that. I'm here to help you.) with what? Even if I go back now, there'll be nothing waiting for me. Not even a home. She already called them didn't she. (She did, but getting you HOME wasn't quite the help that I was referring too...)