I sure hope I do

Author's Note:
I'm really enjoying writing this so I may update daily. I'll probably miss some days because of school but I'll try my best to update frequently. Thank you guys so much for reading! Please leave some comments!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I made my way out of the cluster of people. I scanned the room for a teacher that looks helpful.

I finally spotted a teacher with dark brown hair and brown eyes. His face reminded me of a marshmallow. Soft and sweet. I decided I should ask him.

My problem was that I had to walk through the people cluster again. I took a deep breath and started walking slowly. I kept me head up this time.

"E-excuse me," I tried to yell as I was pushed around and pushed into people. It's like it never ends!

As I walked through the group, more like tripping my way through it, I finally reached the teacher with dark brown hair and brown eyes.

"U-um ex-excuse me sir," I said quietly.

The man turned his head sharply to look at me.

"Hello. Are you new here? I don't recognize you," He says with a confusing expression.

"Y-yes. Can you point me to the-the main office please?"

"Of course. Why don't I walk you there?"

He gestured me to walk ahead of him.

"O-ok. Thank you sir." I said quietly.

"Call me Mr. Charves," he said.

I nodded my head and began to walk. I slowed down to let Mr. Charves pass me because I realized I had no idea where to go. He quickly passed me and lead me out of double doors into the hallways.

He lead me through the halls and through a cafeteria. I tried to memorize which turns he took and where everything was. I have to get back to the 8th grade area when I'm finished at the office.

We finally stop at a room with large windows as the walls. There's bullying and inspiring posters plastered to the "walls". The room has a very gloomy feeling; like having your cereal sit in the milk all morning until you finally decide to eat it. There was 3 desks and on each one a computer. The largest desk was at the front of the room. I guess that was the secretary's desk.

In the right corner, there was a door with a sign above it that read PRINCIPAL.

"Thank you Mr. Charves," I said and waved as I slowly made my way past the desks and into the principal's office.

There I saw a large woman with curly blonde hair. She sat at another desk with a computer and a name plate that said:

                    PRINCIPAL
                     Mrs. Chesnut

As I walked into the small green room, Mrs. Chesnut looked up from her computer.

She grew a smile on her face and said "Hello Miss. Mackenzie! I'm glad you've found your way! Take a seat."

She gestured to the red chair in front of her desk. I slowly walked to the chair and sat down. I crossed my right leg over my right and put my hands down on my lap. I wanted to make a good impression.

"So, Mackenzie Carlson. I have your schedule here if you would like to take a look," she says and hands me a paper.

This is very complicated to me since I've never had a schedule with all of my classes for every day.

"How about I show you where your classes are for today," she said. I think she saw the confusion on my face.

"That would be nice. Thank you." I said.

We stood up at the same time and I waited for her to lead me to my first class of the day.

"Do you remember how to get here?" she asked as we walked through the same hallways as I did with Mr. Charves.

"I think so," I said trying to think back of the turn we took to get to the office.

"We go left here, right?" I asked. I knew she was leading, but I wanted to be sure.

"Yes," she exclaimed. "Nice job. You're going to get used to it here in no time."

I sure hope I do.