Chapter 8: Progenitor's Memory

(A/N: I am so sorry I haven't updated this story in a while. Between trying to sort things out with my Graphic Arts teacher and studying for the SAT and M-STEP test, it has been hell. I promise that I will dedicate my whole summer to finishing this second book. Thank you all for understanding.

Quick mention - Another reason is because the manga chapters are taking like a whole month or two to update. I had also decided to add a picture into this chapter. I wanted to this time draw both Mayu and Krul together. I hope it turned out well. :3)

Osaka Bay

.
.
.

Normal P.O.V

Krul Tepes opened her eyes slowly, trying to ignore the pounding headache that suddenly appeared. She tried to move her arms, but they were heavily shackled to the wall, along with her ankels. The smell of blood soon hit her nose, causing a painful nauseous feeling to swirl in her stomach and rise to her throat. Her eyes narrowed.

"Vampires must drink blood. If they don't, they thirst for it. The thirst is so powerful and debilitating that any vampire exposed the feeling for too long will become a demon."

Krul's jaw clenched tightly along with her fists, her eyes burning with anger. "FERID BATHROY!! ENOUGH WITH YOUR GAMES!! IF YOU WANT ME DEAD, COME AND KILL ME!!" She snarled, her nails digging into the palms of her hands. Angered by the silence, she struggled against her restraints. "SHOW YOURSELF! FERID BATHROY!" Soon, a sharp pain hit her chest, causing her to slump back against the wall, whimpering through her gritted teeth.

"Dammit..the thirst...."

Krul looked up at the blood dripping up from the corpses hanging from the ceiling, the pain growing stronger with every drop that fell in front of her. Having no other choice, she slowly extended her neck so she could reach, trying not to pull too much on her restraints. She stuck out her tounge, catching as many drops of blood as she could.

"This is humiliating..."

Krul soon paused, glaring up at the person who suddenly appeared before her. "Look at how pathetic you've become, miss Krul Tepes." The male stated as he stepped forward. How did he know her? Did Ferid let him in? And for what purpose was he here? "Who are you?" Krul asked, continuing to stare at the man before her. He was definitely a vampire, but he looked more like a human in appearance. He was a young man who looked to be in his late twenties, early thirties. He had short black hair and was wearing some sort of business suit.

The man chuckled. "Oh dear. Have you forgotten? You should know me quite well." He said. Krul looked at him more, studying his facial features. Her eyes soon widened. "Ah, you. You  were the one who always tagged behind the First Progenitor." She soon glared. "You've changed quite a lot in the past 1,000 years." The man smiled nostalgically. "Has it really been that long since I quit my post as the Second Progenitor?" 

"I did dye my hair and changed my name too. For the last few centuries I've called myself Saito. Doesn't it have a nice Japanese ring to it?" The man, or Saito, asked, causing Krul to grit her teeth in frustration. "Enough with the chit chat. Are you the one behind all this?" She seethed, clenching her fists tightly. Saito gave her a confused look. "What do you mean?" Krul's eyes narrowed. She had no time for his games. "Were you the one who ordered Ferid Bathroy to capture me?" She questioned. Saito gave her a surprised expression.

"What? You allowed yourself, the Third Progenitor, to be captured by Ferid of all people? You must be kidding?" Krul's eyes widened in shock. It wasn't him? Then again, he was probably lying. She never trusted him, not even on the day that she met him. "Like me, you are the child of the First Progenitor. Ferid is merely a child of mine. There should be a difference in power." Saito informed as he looked at the shackles restraining Krul.