Chapter 11: Mysterious Mansion

Sunlight Torture

Day 1

Normal P.O.V

"W-What are you doing here?!!" Kimi yelled, both surprised and angered. Her younger brother, who was completely clad in an Japanese Imperial Demon Army uniform, just smiled as if nothing was wrong.

"Come on Kimi-Onee-chan, you didn't think I would've just stayed put and done nothing forever, did you?" He asked, his playful smirk still spread across his face.

Kimi was less than happy. Four years have passed since she had joined the Japanese Imperial Demon Army. Now she was a Lieutenant, training the new recruits under Tenya Hiiragi's orders.  Only to find out that her younger brother joined the Demon Army behind her back.

And now...she had no choice but to train him...

"Why did you join the Demon Army right after I told you not to?! You realize your still in school, right?!" Kimi hollered. Her brother just shrugged. He put his hand on her head, ruffling her hair a bit. "Because, I can't leave you to fight this war all alone. Were family after all." He laughed. "Besides, dad would be pretty upset if I didn't join the army and be a man."

Kimi pouted, resting her head on her brothers chest. He was right. She could hear her father's words in her mind. Sighing, she lightly punched him in the arm. "You are a jerk." She stated as she stormed off.

"What did I do?!" Her brother exclaimed curiously. Kimi turned towards him and smiled.

"Because you're younger than me, and somehow taller than I am!"
.
.
.

Mayu's P.O.V

"The memories are getting clearer now."

Opening my eyes, I leaned against the wall of my cell, swallowed up by the darkness that surrounded me. It had already been a whole day since the sunlight torture began. The smell of burning flesh had been the only thing I smelled and it made me sick.

Biting my lip, I curled up into a ball, tears blurring my vision. I couldn't do anything. I had every chance to kill those vampires and instead I decided to negotiate with them. I knew they weren't going to listen to me, and in the end my sister is being burned alive.

"Dammit....I'm so weak....why can't I do anything....why..?" I muttered to myself, unable to stop my emotions from over flowing.

What I didn't realize was that Konekomaru had been listening in the whole entire time, planning something that I didn't expect at all.
.
.
.

Yuuichiro's P.O.V

"Uahh! How amazing!!" Shinoa exclaimed, taking a look at the mansion in front of us. "This must be worth millions!"

While everyone else was staring in awe, I couldn't even bring myself to look at my surroundings. I was too worried about Mayu to even care at this point. She was being held prisoner with no food, no water, no blood, and she's pregnant for God's sake! I needed to do something, and I couldn't even move. Why was I an idiot! Why?!

I looked over at Mika. His expression was calm and composed. At first, I thought he wasn't even worried, but, I soon saw the look in his eyes. Even though he was trying to stay strong, he looked like he was gonna break at any moment. I frowned.

"I wish we could do something..."

"Mayu...I promise...we will come for you as soon as possible."

"I promise!!"

Kimizuki looked over at Shinoa, irritated by her amazment. "Stop saying stupid things. In this world, money doesn't amount to anything." Shinoa frowned.