Chapter 4: Hero's Return pt. 1

Normal P.O.V

Shinjuku: Japanese Imperial Demon Army headquarters

Aoi Sangu walked down the quiet hallway, the only sounds echoing were from her heals that were clacking against the tile. She soon stopped infront of the cell door infront of her, turning towards one of the guards.

"How is the prisoner?" She asked, causing the guard to straighten up. "He's a lot quieter these days.." He replied. Aoi nodded. "I see, then I am going inside." The guard soon opened the door, saluting her as he closed the door behind her. Aoi stopped infront of the cell door, catching the prisoners attention.

"I have a message for you, Shinya Hiiragi."

Shinya looked up at her and glared. "Aoi Sangu, Kureto-Nii-san's dog." He stated bluntly, causing Aoi to glare. Gritting her teeth, she continued to speak.

"I have a message from Lieutenant general Kureto." She stated once again, causing Shinya to sigh in irritation. He really didn't want to hear anything that his brother had to say at this point. "Rather than that, open this thing, I won't try to escape." Aoi quickly shook her head. "I can't do that."

Shinya smirked, sensing that Aoi was starting to get a tad bit irritated. "But your conciousness is troubled, isn't it? We were even classmates in highschool, don't you think I look pitiful to be locked up in a place like this?" He asked. Aoi just continued to give him a straight face.

"No." She stated bluntly, causing Shinya's eyes to narrow. "What is wrong with you? You massacred your comrades with human experiments, and yet you talk about the greater good? You realize that the Hiiragi family does nothing but step on the people that are beneath them, right?" Aoi glared. "You're also part of the Hiiragi family." She stated bluntly, but Shinya shook his head. "I was a foster child."

"Stop your pathetic barking, it can only bring shame to the Hiiragi family name. Act in a way that benefits the Hiiragi." Aoi snapped, starting to lose patience with Shinya. "Then, I'm guessing that your loyalty is unshakable?" He asked as Aoi nodded. "So, you would even make your own sister, Mitsuba-chan, part of a human experiment like it was nothing, just for your lord?" Shinya asked, causing Aoi to flinch.

Aoi looked away, gritting her teeth in frustration. "In the noble family of Sangu, we don't need anybody usless or a traitor who runs away from the military." She stated bluntly, causing Shinya to sigh. "As I expected from a noble family." Shinya looked away, tired of talking. "About the message, I'm not interested."

"Lieutenant general Kureto is coming back to Shinjuku tomorrow. He said that it was time for you to placate your meaningless anger." Aoi stated as she started to walk away. Shinya leaned his head against the wall and sighed. "Tell him to shut the hell up." Aoi nodded, soon turning around. "Ah, by the way,"

"Guren Ichinose will be coming back as well."

The cell door soon slammed shut, leaving Shinya alone in silence once again. Shinya grit his teeth and clenched his fists tightly.

"Guren..."
.
.
.

Sanguinem

Mayu's P.O.V

"Mitsuba-senpai! Are you alright!!" I asked as I knelt down next to her. I didn't expect her to block that attack, what was she thinking?

"Mitsuba-senpai..."

Mitsuba slowly sat up, wondering what was going on. "What's going on...why am I not injured?" She asked. I turned back around and quickly stood up, drawing my weapon. "I healed you a couple minutes ago. Why the hell did you block me from that nobles attack?!" Mitsuba stood up, grabbing her weapon as well. "Because, we're comrades. The last thing I want is for that noble to kill you." She stated. I smiled. "Thank you, Mitsuba-senpai."