Chapter |37|

February 27, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
West Hollywood
10:06 PM

Kehlani Ashley Parrish

"I turn the Ritz into a poor house,
It's like eviction number four now,
Go 'head and ash it on the floor now,
Girl go ahead and show me how you go down,"

I had my face scrunched up at the musty smell of sweaty bodies, cigarettes smoke and faint smell of burnt weed. I loved weed and how it smelt, I was basically a pothead, but as soon as I walked into the club I wrinkled my nose at the smell. It smelt like boiled ass, literally.

Since it was the grand opening of the strip club, it was packed. I didn't even know about the grand opening of some West Hollywood strip club until I called up Bey and asked Robyn's whereabouts.

"Cause I'm always rapping for that low life!" A guy yelled, literally in my ear, singing along to the music. He clumsily tried to do the milly rock dance, but ended up elbowing me hard on my upper arm.

"Hey, watch it you dickhead." I rubbed the ache on my arm, with a mean mug on my face.

The dude stopped dancing. "My bad ma." He then grabbed me by the same arm and pulled me to him, looking at me closely. "Kehlani, shit it's you."

I was about to snatch my arm from his tight grip, but I suddenly recognised him. "Jermaine, hey."

"Yo, I knew it was you fam! What you doin' here?"

"Looking for Robyn. You seen her?"

"Shit, my nigga here too? Where?" He unnecessarily yelled over the music that was blurring through the speakers. I furrowed my eyebrows, studying him carefully before I rolled my eyes in annoyance. Nigga was more than tipsy.

I sighed, pulling away from him. "I don't know where she at, but I-"

"Babe, there's no Robin here." I heard Elijah say behind me. "Let's go check out some other strip clubs." He suggested and I nodded, letting him grasp my hand as we walked to the entrance.

I then felt a firm grip on my arm and someone pulling me back, and I turned around seeing Jermaine with a pissed off expression on his face. I arched an eyebrow at him. "What's good with this fool c-" He stopped and cut his eyes at Elijah. "Yo, fuck you doin' calling my nigga's girl Babe?"

"What y-"

"Not now Jay, please." I pulled my arm away from him and followed Lijie outside.

Elijah intertwined our hands as we walked side by side to his black Jeep Wangler. "Who was he talking about?"

"Robyn." I shrugged looking up at him. "So you didn't find anything on the parking lot?"

He shrugged. "Nah, but I did see someone there," He pointed in the far corner of the parking lot. "That was passed out by a silver BMW i8 and I thought it was this Robin dude, but it was just a girl."

"Robyn ain't a dude Shane!" I hissed, glaring hard at him before taking off in the direction he was pointing at. I hadn't ran that fast ever since I escaped that lunatic who kidnapped me.

With wide eyes, I scanned for a silver luxurious car. Being familiar with her car's number plate, it didn't take long to spot it. Once I got near the car, I noticed a passed out figure and my tears immediately pooled at the brim of my eyes, clouding my vision.

My body reacted before my mind could process everything and I went to sit next to her, struggling to pull half of her body on my lap. "Robyn? Baby open your eyes."