Chapter |49|

March 19, 2016
New York City
Manhattan
04:19 A.M

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles

I fluttered my eyes open and noticed the bedroom was still dark. It had to be the early hours of the morning. I looked around and found a pair of eyes already staring at me with worry. "Hey, you're okay?"

I cleared my throat, hoping my voice wouldn't sound like I was Shaq. "Uh yeah, I think. What time is it?"

Quickly glancing down at her wrist watch, she answered. "It's past four."

"You been sitting there the whole time watching me sleep?" I questioned her, my face frowning up and she nodded. "That's kinda creepy, Robyn."

She rolled her eyes, chuckling softly. "I was worried, you was pale as fuck. But I see you look a lil' better now."

"Thanks, I guess." I gave her a toothless smile. "Well come on to bed, you must be tired."

Wordlessly Robyn got up and stripped out her clothes, leaving her in her boxers and sports bra. It only occurred to me at that moment to look down at what I was sleeping on, seeing that I was in one of my large t-shirts and pyjama shorts, she must've changed me while I was out.

I was brought out of my thoughts by Robyn getting in beside me. "You sure you good?"

"Yeah, I'm okay right now, Robby." I said quietly, hearing my voice getting groggy.

"Don't your voice sound adorable when you just woke up?" Robyn chuckled again, her nose wrinkling up.

"No, it doesn't." I rolled my eyes, glad that it was dark in the room because she couldn't see my cheeks.

"I swear it is."

"No stop, it's not." I told her. "Did you finally get to call Kehlani?"

"Yup, not too long ago." She said, her voice sounding all happy and shit. "We talked for a while."

I smiled even though she couldn't see me. "You must really love her, huh?"

"Yeah." She said firmly, no doubt on her words. "I really do. I think there might even be a chance of me loving her more than she loves me."

"Sprung ass."

She laughed, slightly mushing my head. "Fuck you."

"Hey now." I slapped her hand away. "But foreal though, do you think you like wanna wife her already?"

"Huh?" She said. I rolled my eyes, smacking my lips because I knew she head me. "Um nah, I don't wanna wife her."

"But I remember that one time we was looking for her, you called her your wife?"

"I mean yeah, that's just the title, Bey." She shrugged, sounding uncomfortable. "I just...I love her, but I don't think I'm ready for that yet. I'd love to marry her ass but not now, it ain't even been six months we been together. Officially."

"Oh...I guess." I said shrugging as well, deciding to drop the topic since I felt her being uncomfortable.

Silently we laid there facing each other. Eventually Robyn pulled me closer to her by my leg. I let out giggle, snuggling my head into the crook of her shoulder, and placed my hand on her toned stomach. Carefully she dropped an arm around my waist and combed her fingers through my long messy hair.

I sighed closing my eyes. I'd almost forgotten how good it felt cuddling with Robyn, we hadn't done it since she got back with Kehlani. We were both busy with our lives. Hers with Kehlani and me with...well Onika. But I was glad we came together on this business trip. And just before we could both go to sleep, I felt her pulling the duvet over us, and we drifted off.