Chapter |70|

12 April, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
Hollywood
01:27 PM

Omniscient

"Britnee, you're not hearing me." The Oakland native said frustratedly, glaring at her cousin sister through the phone's screen. "You're taking her side-"

"I'm not." Said a calm Britnee. "You was being disrespectful. Lemme find out my man tryna call his hoe after we made love, oh girrrl..."

"That's the thing, Solána ain't no hoe. Even if she was, she ain't my hoe." Kehlani argued, putting emphasis on the word 'my'. "Robyn could've asked more about what I was doing out there, not put her hands on me!"

"Baby, a headlock is barely putting her hands on you. Remember what you did to her when she disrespected you?" Britnee raised an eyebrow, waiting for a response from the younger girl.

A scoff came from the younger girl. "That was a different situation, and it's in the past."

"Okay, answer this for me," The camera moved as the girl on the other end moved around, getting a better sitting position. "If you were the one who caught Robyn calling someone at that time, what would you have done?"

The tattooed girl looked away in shame. Mumbling. "Would've lost my shit I guess."

"Exactly, so stop being mad at her for reminding you who's Daddy." Britnee smiled, trying to make light of the conversation. "This thing you got going on with Solána gotta stop before it's too late."

"What'd you mean? We got nothing going on."

Britnee sighed deeply, giving the tattooed girl her sad eyes. Her sister really needed to be schooled about relationships.

"Lani, during your relationship you gonna meet other people who also happen to be amazing-"

Thick eyebrows furrowed, the Oakland native asked. "More amazing than Robyn?"

"Yes, you're gonna admire how refreshing their personalities are, you're gonna adore how fun they are to be around, and you're gonna love how happy they make you feel."

Silently and solemnly, Kehlani nodded, her cousin sister's words hitting home.

"There's a chance that you know that you gonna catch feelings,-"

Already caught those. She thought.

"There's a chance that you know you're getting attached,-"

Already am. She thought once again.

"And there's a chance that you're falling for them,-"

Umm?. She couldn't quite answer that one thought.

"But you can't stop talking to them, you can't stop seeing them, and you just can't help but crave their presence." Britnee made sure that every word sank as she spoke.

Every word said, Kehlani's mind hung on to it, letting it sink. She felt like Britnee was reading her mind.

"You might find yourself in a position where you're tempted to be unfaithful because it feels right,-"