Chapter |39|

February 29, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
Brentwood
01:56 PM

Kehlani Ashley Parrish

As soon as those words left her heart shaped lips, the air rushed out of my lungs, making an involuntary exodus.

I wasn't expecting that.

That was the last thing I expected from the woman I was madly in love with. The woman who, not in so many words, begged me to take her back.

With teary eyes I managed to open my mouth. "W-what?"

"I didn't stutter."

I should have been crying, but I was too numb to even think about crying. It was as if a giant boulder was laid on me and I couldn't straighten up or catch my breath entirely.

"Robyn..." I said pleadingly, reaching out to grasp her hand but she moved back.

"I literally spent weeks chasing after you and your ass shut me down every chance you got. Now that I've decided to let you be, you come here talkin' 'bout you don't wanna lose me? Bullshit." She spat, shaking her head in disbelief. "The fuck you tryna mess with my head for?"

I shook my head vigorously. "I'm not, I swear I'm not. I really mean it Robyn. I love you and I want you back just as much as you do."

"Who said I still do?"

"You don't?" I frowned. "You have to Robyn. I'm sorry I took too much convincing to actually do what I been wanting to do, but you have to-"

"I don't gotta do shit, Kehlani." She snapped, nearing me. We held each others gazes and her face fell into a deep frown. "You confuse me man."

"I'm sorr-"

"You said that already."

"Robz look," I took a step towards her, grasped her hand in the process and this time she let me. "I don't know what you want me to say now, I don't want to repeat myself because you won't believe me anyway."

"So now you predict what I'm gonna do?"

"No. I just...I need you to give us another chance. Or better yet, give me a chance to show you I'm not trying to fuck with your head." I suggested, slightly squeezing her hand.

She wanted to, but I could tell she was still iffy about it. "I d-"

"Please?" I cooed, standing on the tips of my toes, trying to level with her height and pressed my lips against hers. My arms tangled around her neck, pulling her chest to chest as she just stared at me. "Robby..."

"What?"

"Answer me and then kiss me back. I know you wanna." I brushed my lips against hers again, biting her bottom lip, tugging at it with my teeth.

"I don't wanna." She said trying to push me off of her, but I didn't budge. "Girl move."

"No." I said stubbornly.

"Get the fuck off man." She said, her voice sounding strained and frustrated.

"No." I repeated kissing her once again, nibbling on her thick bottom lip, smirking when her breath hitched up.

All of a sudden my back slammed against the door hard and I whimpered. I was certainly sure that my back was going to be bruised the next day, but I didn't care. "Was that suppose to scare me?"

Her hand snaked its way fast up my back, straight into my hair and gripped it hard, its tight grip verging on painful. "You frustrate me!"