Chapter |73|

20 April, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
Brentwood
10:05 PM

Omniscient

"What you mean she bared me from seeing her?" The young tattooed woman asked, scrunching up her face.

"I'm just following orders miss, I'm sorry." Said a tall buff-like man who stood right in front of Robyn's hospital room, his arms crossed.

Kehlani was just about to say something else when the door open, causing the man to move aside, revealing Robyn's mother. "Hey sweetie, why are you standing outside?"

"This man here says Robyn doesn't wanna see me."

Monica knew why Robyn didn't wanna see her, but it wasn't her place to tell the girl. "You can go in."

"Ma'am, Miss Rihanna is goi-"

"James, I hired you, not Miss Rihanna." The older woman said, giving the tall man a look before looking back at the frowning girl in front of her, smiling. "You can go in, y'all talk your business. I'ma be back later."

Reluctantly Kehlani walked in the hospital room alone, chewing at her top lip in nervousness. Being told that your girlfriend doesn't wanna see you after receiving a call about her waking up in the middle of the night hurt her. She wanted to ask her why she didn't wanna see her.

But deep down she knew why.

"I'm so sorry." She decided to break the silence since Robyn was just staring at her.

Silence filled the room.

She so badly wanted to explain everything to Robyn and apologize, but she didn't know where to begin. Her mind was in turmoil.

"Are you okay?"

The younger woman furrowed her eyebrows, confused. Robyn was the one lying in a hospital bed, but was asking such questions. Kehlani was the one who was suppose to ask her that, not the other way around.

"I-I'm fine. Are you?" She asked, examining her girlfriend's face.

"Yeah." Robyn was more worried about something else. "Since I been here, did you notice anything out of ordinary happening around you?"

The girl shook her head no. "No. Not at all."

"Okay look..." The bajan trailed off, looking up at the girl standing beside her bed. "Outside there's Four guys waiting on you, they'll introduce themselves I'm sure, they'll be yours and Brit's body guards until I take care of this muh'fucka who put me in here. You and Brit can stay in my crib until this is over."

"Robyn, Four body guards? Don't you think that's a bit-"

"Kehlani, just lemme do what I was tryna do that night, which is protecting you. Trust me I know what I'm doing." The older girl said sternly, without raising her voice, unaware of making the tattooed girl feel guilty about the whole situation.

"I'm sorry about-"

"Kehlani, please. There's nothing you can explain about what you said to her. When this is all over, we're both gonna be living our separate lives. I'm over this relationship thing."

"Baby-"

"James, escort her out." And with that Robyn released a shaky breath, closing her teary eyes. She wouldn't dare let Kehlani see her cry.

•°•°•°

"I mean baby, do you blame her? She heard you confessing your feelings to the woman you told her not to worry about."

"Britnee, I-" She was fuming. "She cheated on me too with a girl she told me not to worry about."

"So you being revengeful?"

"No, I-" The tattooed girl took a deep breath, pouring hot water on both their cups. "You would understand if you were in my shoes."

"I'm not in your shoes, but I'm tryna understand your side, Keh. But I can't. What would you have done if you were in her shoes?"

"Mama is flying in tomorrow at noon." She changed the subject.

Britnee rolled her eyes before she quickly widened them at what she said. "No! She can't come down here now, it's too dangerous."

"I already tried to convince her, but you know how ma is. She wants to see Robyn." Kehlani said, taking her cup of hot chocolate to the living room, Britnee trailing after her with her own cup.

"I feel like something bad is gonna happen."

°•°•°•°

"I can't believe her, why does she trust that nigga so much after the misery he put her through?"

Onika remained silent, letting her girlfriend rant.

"She annoys me so, so fucking much, I swear to god!" The Texas native toed her heels off, frustratedly taking her clothes off also. "She knows we don't like him, but what does she do? She tells us to work with him. I can't stand his black ass!"

Although the Trinidadian woman didn't know who Beyoncé was talking about, she gave her unasked for opinion anyway. "He can't be that bad babe. I mean he might've changed over the years?"

"Jayceon change?" She snapped her eyes at Onika, chuckling darkly. "That nigga could never change even if it depended on his daughter's life. I'm sure he manipulated Robyn into all of this since she's already going against us because of him!"

"Wait he-"

"For the life of me, I don't know what she ever saw in him!"

Onika rolled her eyes. "Oh so that's what this all about...jealousy."

"I'm not-'

"Bey, you said the same thing about Kehlani. You don't understand what Robyn sees in her, she's trouble, blah blah blah." She sat on the bed, looking at the very annoyed half naked woman standing by her closet. "Why don't you tell Robyn that you been madly in love with her since...forever?"

"Onika, stop saying that! I'm with you-"

"But you want her."

"I love you-"

"But you're in love with her." The truth stung, but she couldn't fool herself when she could clearly see where Beyoncé's heart was. "You're so in love with her you can't even help yourself. I really care about you and I love what we have, but your heart's with her...and I bet she doesn't even know it."

"I'm gonna take a shower."

Onika frowned at the girl, feeling sorry for both of them for being in love with people who aren't for them.

"What I wanna know is how did you and Melissa happen if you already had feelings for her."

"She had a crush and I entertained it. Got anymore questions detective Maraj?"

"You got with her 'cause she's so much like Robyn. The height, the fashion sense, the attitude, the accent and the personality. You thought she could make you forget about Robyn..." The short woman said, more to herself. "Now I understand."

"No you don't." Beyoncé got in bed, occupying Onika's lap and cradled her face in her hands, staring into her hazel eyes. "What I need you to understand is that there could never be a Robyn and I. She's where she needs to be and I'm where I need to be either. She loves her and I love you, okay? I really love you, Onika Tanya Maraj."

She closed her eyes, sighing in content when she felt the Texas native's lips softly caressing hers. "I love you more, Beyoncé Giselle Knowles."

They both knew the truth, but chose to fool themselves. They needed each other more than they needed to accept the naked truth.

•°•°•°•°•