Chapter One- Sam's POV

I opened my eyes suddenly and blinked around tentatively. Everything was white, and as I stood, my head swiveled and turned, trying to make sense of my surroundings. Stumbling and tripping profusely, I finally found my footing and took a few careful steps. In the distance, I heard scratching noises, but I dismissed this as my ears adjusting. I walked several feet before promptly tripping and face planting. A loud groan growled angrily within me, and muttering, I got up and checked myself for scratches or bruises. Nothing so far, but when I blinked, I suddenly was wearing clothes. Nothing special, just a huge sweat shirt, big frumpy blue jeans, and some red Converse sneakers. I smiled, thankful for the extra warmth, and started walking again, this time with more ease. 

However, when I started walking, I noticed that the weather was automatically turned sunny, and I was now walking in grass. There was a gorgeous blue sky above me, dotted with perfect white clouds and birds. Under my feet, The grass was soft and tickled the bottom of my soles gently. I giggled a little, and swore that the sun grew a little brighter. Shaking my head and finding the sidewalk, I now noticed I was in a city. I looked around for the remnants of the soft grass, but to no avail. I sighed softly and continued walking. Wherever I walked, more and more of my surroundings appeared, people sprang into existence, and I gasped softly as a whole world grew around me. Full apartment complexes constructed themselves, their tall and ominous shapes already forming a perfect skyline. Restaurants opened at the blink of an eye, and skyscrapers went up in a matter of seconds. People suddenly swarmed the sidewalks and having nowhere to go as I was pushed, shoved, and kicked through the crowd, I muttered some choice words, then ducked quickly into a coffee shop to avoid the mob.

It was noticeably quieter in here, and once I ordered my coffee, I glanced around the shop. This shop was a small, hole-in-the-wall type place, but it gave off a nice homely feel. Coffee filled the air, and as I inhaled, I shuddered and grinned, the caffeine already coursing through my veins as the very smell. This was definitely my kind of shop, and I secretly resolved to come here more often. As I headed over to one of the lounge chairs with my coffee, I noticed that it now was pouring rain outside. Water locked at the front entrance, and I backed up quickly, not wishing to ruin my new shoes. The water was a murky brown color and watching it recede into the street, and I stared in wonder. I had never seen this type of rain before, but then again, everything here was new.

"Oh don't worry yerself . We get floods here all the time; tis'nt the thing to worry your head about."

I spun to see a stout, older woman staring at me, a grin plastered on her face. She had bright ginger hair that sprung and reigned freely. She had crows feet, and crease lines where her smile ended; a sign of true happiness I thought. I smiled back at her before nodding. She had a thick accent, and before I could guess as to which kind, a voice in my head told me it was Scottish. It certainly suit her, I thought, as I glanced at her red curly hair again, and although I didn't say it, I didn't envy her for her hair for one second.

"Can I help ye?" I blinked, and saw a pair of hazel eyes gazing back at me, and I, shaking my head and laughing nervously, replied,

"Oh, um, heh, no, sorry. I just spaced out for a second." I turned then, and seeing the rain was gone, grabbed my coffee and left the small shop.

I walked around the city all the way until it got dark, soaking in everything I saw and heard. I learned to weave through the crowds within a couple tries, and doing this, I got around much quicker. Everywhere I went, the city was building itself, and I gaped at every occurrence. I walked past pet shops, restaurants, playgrounds, schools, movie theaters, stores, houses, and even a skating rink. I took it all in, my eyes adjusting to my new neighborhood. It was amazing, and I was genuinely sad when I saw the sun melt and trickle down to the horizon. 

As I was losing daylight, I suddenly became worried. I had no where to sleep, and I frantically tried to back track to a neighborhood. I ran and ran, down various streets, in between buildings, and even through a mall, but found nothing. Outside, exasperated, I threw myself on the ground, and began to cry. I curled my fingers into the grass, and cursed myself for being so naive. I cried until my eyes dried out, and held on to the grass for a long time. When I did get up, it was long past sunset, and I had only streetlights to guide me. I stared at a flickering light, then started walking, not sure of where I was going. All I knew was I wanted to go home, and I was determined to get there. 

•••Author's Note•••

Hello again! Thanks for staying and reading more of the story, and I hope you liked it! I may go back and edit it later, just adding more detail and description; nothing major! Let me know if you have any improvements or encouraging words and I'll respond as soon as I can!