Four

I lay back in the chair and look out the window. The veins of Boston bustling with people. The Zakim bridge stood tall. It was a beautiful summer day. The sun reflected on the Charles like it was its own personal mirror. The people got smaller like ants. The city looked like a map on with more dimension.

But I did not feel the same as before. I do miss the people but I know I'm going to seek a higher prize. I am finding myself.

"Beautiful view huh."

I turned to the voice. It was an elderly woman next to me.

"Oh. Yes it is."

"I suppose you're heading off to college."

"Yes I am. How about you?"

"I'm going to see my husband." She took off her necklace and opened the oval locket. "Here's his picture." It was a man who looked like he was possibly in his 70's. He was sitting on a boat. the photo was faded but I was able to identify a blue shirt. He was smiling.

"He's very handsome m'am."

"Thanks you. He died 3 years ago right on the beach this photo was taken."

"It's okay. It was a boating accident. But you know what I say? It was fate. He was done with his time here. He had lived a full life. He wasn't the richest. He merely took what he had and enjoyed it to the fullest. Life is too precious of a thing to waste you know. It's like a gentle sail."

I was silent. Her words stuck to me like glue. They were emotional and raw. After a few moments I spoke.

"That's beautiful."

"It is isn't it. He taught me that. To live life by the way you wish. Don't ask to quick for things you want. Enjoy what you have to the fullest. Because what money can't buy is a sense of wholeness, compassion and most of all happiness."

"He sounds like a great man."

"He is. I visit that beach and his grave every month. He may be gone, but I the message he felt me with makes me feel like I'm never alone at all."

The woman and I talked the entire until to New York. She is a seamstress. She makes delicate and beautiful dresses. She loves dancing and classical music. She likes new music as well. She has 2 daughters and 5 grandsons. She lives on Cape Cod and has a sister .She never did tell me her name. Everytime I asked she gave me the same answer.

"Our paths shall cross someday."

At New York we departed and went our Separate ways. I hugged and said goodbye to the woman and told her to have a safe trip. I then proceeded to my new gate. It was about a 20 minute layover so I decided to grab a bag that had New York printed on in repeating letters in silver. I had gotten an identical one in Boston that had repeating Boston printed on it in multicolor. I went to Chipotle and ordered a burrito bowl.

On the next plane there was no one next to me so I decided to simply listen to music and enjoy the experience. This is it. I'm going to California. The city of angels. The city of dreams. My life is beginning. I take pictures while on the flight and post pictures of my travels on Instagram and Twitter. I dont text anyone simply because I have no one to text since Emma's phone was in her suitcase. I look through my camera roll instead. I see pictures of all my friends and some amazing places I got to visit.

And of course the album.

It was the album of the photos Jackson and I took when we went on vacation together. There were pictures of him and I at cape cod. There was one where we got an 8 scoop cone. His blonde hair and brown eyes looked back at me. As if they were telling me something. Like as if they're taunting me. Saying I obviously still love him. The pilot announces for us to fasten our seatbelts as we prepare to land. I look out and see the LAX sign. The glowing skyline and palm trees greet me and the pacific itself seems to smile at me. I look down at my phone. I swipe the album.

Are you sure you want to delete this album?

I sigh. I look out my window again.

I'm here now.

Time for out with the past. And into the future.

Successfully deleted.