Two

I'm walking home and all the thoughts that consume are what happened to my friends, why is this happening now and how can I fix it. This whole thing honestly came out of no where and its kind of creepy honestly. Like we're my friends replaced with drama filled teens like on tv? That's just not who they are at all. And what was up with Hadley and Sean. I thought Sean hated her and now look. Ugh. I can see my house in the distance and I look in the driveway hoping not to see a black Honda accord waiting in the driveway. I approach the house and can see a little better.

Black Honda Accord.

No such luck today.

Sigh.

I plod my way to the front door of the green ranch style house and turn the knob. The heat swept over me cuddling me like a blanket. Sure it was April but in New England the weather can go however it wants and this was one of those surprisingly cold months. I kick my boots off and head for the kitchen. I hear the blaring sounds of the soccer game in the living room meaning that he had to be there. Which automatically meant I wasn't going in there. I grabbed an apple and snuck it in my bag so the grouch wouldn't get mad for me taking food to my room. I move from the kitchen to my room as fast as I could not even bothering a mutter of a hello.

It may seem like I'm cold but this guy doesn't even deserve a hello. I long gave up on the custom of saying hello and how was your day long long ago. Just like how I gave up on him.

I close the door behind me and plop myself on the bed tossing the bag on top of the beanbag chair. I lean against my mountain if pillows an put the headphones into my ears.

Lets see. iTunes. Shuffle. Volume up.

I grab my notebook and a pencil. I've been having bad songwriters block lately but I feel like I really have something down. I go to my brainstorm pages where I've been writing down ideas since I was 13.

Love? No.

Partying? Psh. Please.

Heartbreak? Been there done that.

Self confidence?

I pondered about that one for a while. Don't get me wrong I loving writing empowering songs that inspire people to chase their dreams, be their own person etcetera. But the problem is they aren't as easy to write as you think. Most are inspired by heartbreak and I haven't had a single one since 8th grade.

This is the part of me that you're never gonna ever take away from me

Psh. Katy makes it look so easy to write those songs. No wonder why I love her so much.

I listen I the song as I write (and scribble out) some ideas for this empowerment song. Of course writers block hits me every time.

"TARA"

"What?" I get up from my bed and go to the living room.

"What are you doing in your room you lazy good for nothing? Go wash the dishes and clean the house instead of writing in that pointless notebook of yours. God. Do you ever do any work around here?"

All of it actually

"Well quit standing there and get working. Stop wasting my time. You're a woman in this house. Start cleaning like one."

Inspiration.

Found it.

***

A headache.

Of all the possible ways I could have started off my day.

A headache.

And it only got worse from there. Of course the grouch was awake this morning and decided to just pile on a list of complaints and things that needed to be done the minute I got home from school.