Ch 35

After what seemed like hours I had been scanned three times, poked many times for multiple vials of blood, through x ray's, and even seen a physiotherapist to test out my limbs and see what I can do to get back my strength.

They tried to get me to walk but my legs were to weak, I even had a hard time holding onto a glass full of water. But now I was exhausted and finally back into my room, there were a couple dozen flower bouquets and stuffed animals and other things to decorate my room now, they were busy when I was gone.

There was a gentle knock on my door and a man, woman and younger man walked in, as soon as they seen me all three of them were crying.

"My baby girl, it's a miracle." the woman whispered.

"Hey baby girl, how are you feeling?" the man walked over to the bed and hesitantly sat down. They all looked kind of nervous around me, but I don't know who they are.

"I'm okay, the doctor said my wounds have healed and now its just to build up my strength." I speak quietly because of the pain in my throat, the doctor said between screaming, the seat belt choking me and some glass that sliced from the inside, I was lucky to be able to talk.

"Lauren, I am so sorry. As your brother I should have protected you." the younger man started crying. I really didn't know what to say to that, so he was my brother does that mean these are my parents?

"A-a-are you guys my p-p-parents?" I quietly stutter out, looking down at my hands clasped on the bed, if they were that question was going to hurt them so bad.

"What? You mean you don't remember?" the woman's shocked voice rings out a bit louder then necessary. I just timidly shook my head no, which caused the woman to break down into a hysterical crying fit. The man wraps her in his arms and runs his hands up and down on her back.

"I-I-I'm sorry." I whispered, feeling horrible.

"Its not your fault sis, its that.... OW!" the woman, I mean my mom hit him in the back of the head. I didn't know what he was about to say but apparently its something I don't need to hear.

"It's okay sweetie, we will definitely figure this out and try to get your memory back. Do you remember anything at all?" Dad asks as he grabs my much smaller hand in his. Before I could answer there was another knock at the door and Shauna poked her head in.

"Can we come in?" my parents invited her and the other two boys in the room. Trevor looked relieved and Clayton looked almost happy when he saw me.

"Hi." I smiled at them, but they all knew something was wrong.

"Hey little bird." the large man called Clayton smiled shyly at me. I tilted my head to the side with a questioning look.

"Little bird?" I ask clearly confused, the look on Clayton's face is that of a kicked puppy, I felt horrible.

"Yeah because your name is Lauren which sounds like wren, and wren is the name of a bird and you were always the short one of the group so you adapted the nickname little bird back in elementary school." Shauna explained, "It was Clayton that gave you the name and at first you only allowed him to call you that." she added on patting him on the shoulder, he tried to smile but it was such a sad smile.

"That's cute." I smiled at Clayton, was he someone special to me then? I questioned myself.

"Lauren was just about to tell us if she remembers anything, you guys are just in time." Lance states from the foot of my bed. Everyone stayed quiet waiting to hear what I had to say, unfortunately I can't give them much.

"Well I don't personally remember anything, but I did have strange dreams when I was unconscious. I kept dreaming about being forced to go to the mall, I had a dream about a wolf, and another dream about a business man. I'm guessing this is glimpses of my memories but I don't know. I did hear lots of what was talked about, that's how I know my name is Lauren, well from what I am told any ways. But I really don't remember anything from before I started dreaming. To think about it to much gives me a headache and makes me tired." I don't think anyone liked what I had to say but everyone put on a brave face anyways.

"It's okay we will get through this with the support of the coven and everyone who loves you darling." they all agree with that, it makes my heart swell and I feel all warm and tingly from their support.

Everyone spends the next hour or so telling me stories about the things we used to do, the trouble we got into, the fun we all had together. There were even a couple events I kind of remembered.

The doctor came in, introduced himself as Dr Vaughn and said that is one of the best therapies to help bring back my memories, he checked my vitals and suggested getting me out of the room, even if it was with a wheel chair for a bit. But my parents had to leave and Shauna and Trevor had an appointment to go to, but Clayton said he would stay and keep me company for a while longer.

Clayton pushed the wheel chair for me and I said good bye to everyone at the hospital entrance, then we went on a small walk down the street to a park. We stopped at the picnic bench and Clayton sat down beside me.

"It's weird that you don't remember anything Lauren. I just don't know what to talk about when were alone." he sounded awkward, like a boy with a crush would sound like. The thought of us being a couple came back to my mind, were we a couple? So I decided to as what was on my mind.

"Clayton, have we ever been a couple or are we a couple?" I asked the question that has been bugging me the most, instantly his face went red and he became embarrassed. He starts playing with his hands and doesn't look me in the eye, just stares at his hands like they are the most interesting thing ever.

"Well um... well you see... no. We aren't and never have been a couple." I could hear the disappointment in his voice, he looked up at me and continued.

"But I have always liked you Lauren, I have always had strong feelings for you and when you were gone I realized how deeply I cared for you. I think.." he paused and gulped, "Lauren I think I love you." he whispered the last part. I looked at him, his features were nervous and he was anxiously waiting my response but I didn't know what to say.

I felt horrible because here this guy is professing his love for me and I don't even remember who he is or what he is to me. I only asked if we were ever a couple because there is a very strong bond between us, I felt at ease with him even though I don't know him.

He looked at me expectantly as I sat quiet, trying to figure out the easiest way to say this without breaking his heart.