Chapter 2

"Hurry up Kate! Remember, I'm only going for you." I said, standing in the doorway of Kate's dorm, waiting for her to finish getting together her stuff. We were going to a concert I didn't even want to go to. She is the big fan of One Direction, not me but for some reason I was the one waiting. Yeah, because that makes perfect sense.  

"OKAY! OKAY! JEEZ!" Kate said before following me out the door. 

"So what band is this again?" I asked, she didn't give me any details she just told me I was going to a concert and I was not willing to argue with Kate and her stubborn self. We reached the car, and as always, I was driving. 

"Oh my gosh Lauren. ONE DIRECTION! It's that band that I talk about like all the time!" said Kate as she pointed out the directions to Nick's apartment, "Oh and take a left here." We reached Nick's house and he was waiting outside, and he immediately got into the car. 

There was an awkward silence in the car and Kate attempted to break it, "So, that new guy today, Marcel. He kept staring at you." She nudged me on the shoulder, a huge smirk across her face. 

"It was a bit annoying actually." I said. 

"Annoying?!? He was cute!" Kate said, with exaggeration in her voice. 

"Yeah but a little bit nerdy... and confusing." I said. 

"Confusing? How was he confusing?" Kate asked. 

"Well, he had a British accent but when I asked him where he was from he said he was from Australia." I said. 

"That's it?" questioned Kate. 

"Well, he was writing things on his notebook and looked pretty secretive about it." I said. 

"And that's enough to turn you away from a hottie like that?" Kate said, furrowing her eyebrows.  

I ignored her comment as I pulled into the parking lot of the concert. 

"YES!!!I'M SO EXCITED!!!" Shouted Nick, just like a little boy. I walked inside and realized just how late Kate had made us; a song was already going on. 

"Kate, you know this is your fault." I said, laughing at how frustrated she looked. 

"It's okay, it's all worth it. Besides, we have freaking front row seats! What could go wrong?" Kate said optimistically, as we walked in and took our seats. I looked up on the stage at the band and saw a familiar looking face. 

"Marcel..." I whispered to myself, my jaw dropped. It was Marcel without a doubt; only his hair wasn't slicked back, it was messy all over his head with a bandana wrapped around it. He wasn't wearing glasses either. Without his glasses and slicked back hair, I have to be honest... He was freaking hot. But that wasn't the end of it; his sweater vest and tie were replaced by a black t-shirt with these sleeves rolled up and skinny jeans. I had always had a weird thing for guys wearing skinny jeans.  

"What did you say, Lauren?" Kate asked after she saw me whisper to myself. 

"It doesn't matter..." I replied, "Hey Kate, what is that one's name?" I asked, pointing the boy I knew as Marcel. 

"Harry, why?" Kate answered. 

"Umm... It's nothing!" I said, I seemed to have been the only person to notice. I stared at Marcel or I guess now Harry, extremely confused. There was something weird going on, and as much as I hoped that he would notice me in the front row, I knew he wouldn't. It seemed like practically half the teenage girl population was at that concert, watching him do his solo. There was no chance he would ever notice me. But sure enough, he did! He noticed me and noticed that I had just realized that I had seen him before. He stopped singing for a moment, his eyes wide but immediately kept singing, not wanting to disappoint the fans. The entire concert he kept looking over at me. He knew what I had discovered and was obviously very worried. The concert ended and all of the boys ran backstage, except for Harry. Harry called over a crew member and whispered something in his ear, before pointing at me. I tried to hide how much I was freaking out. I again pretended like I didn't see him point. As I casually started a conversation with Nick and Kate, I noticed the crew member approaching us.  

"Hey! Are you Lauren?" The crew member asked. Kate looked at me with big eyes, extremely surprised. 

"Umm. Yeah." I replied. 

"Well, Mr. Styles has requested I take you backstage." Said the crew member, who then looked over at Kate, who was freaking out. "Your friends can come too." The crew member walked away motioning for us to follow him. We followed the crew member for a few minutes before reaching a door labeled 'One Direction- Harry' I assumed this was his dressing room.  

"You can come in, but your friends have to wait out here." Said the crew member, opening the door for me.