Chapter 7

I was walking down an empty school hallway. The teacher let us out early and I was the only one out of class that went down this way. As I reached the end of the hallway, I heard a locker slam shut behind me. I spun around, alarmed and spotted Kate, my best friend who was still ignoring me. 

"Kate!!" I shouted running towards my best friend at the other end of the long hallway. She had been avoiding me since that night where I was dragged out of the arena by Harry. As soon as I shouted her name, she immediately turned her body the other direction and fast-walked as fast as she could. "Kate!!" I shouted again, but this time I was only a few feet away from her. Once, I finally caught up with her, I reached for her wrist and stopped her. She spun around and gave me a death glare. 

"Did you know you are all over Instagram?" Kate said sarcastically.  

"Kate, I-"I began before Kate interrupted me. 

"Lauren and Harry, the new celebrity couple!" She mimicked in a high pitched voice. "Haren, that's what they are calling you guys. Yeah, you have a ship name, Lauren. You happy? You ditched your best friend for one night, and everything in your life is suddenly perfect. Sounds to me, like your better without me." 

"I'm sorry." I said, getting right to the point. She raised an eyebrow at me. "Kate, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I was such a bad friend, and I'm sorry that I ditched you." 

Kate's angry face faded, but it was replaced with an un-readable expression. I couldn't tell if she had forgiven me or if she was still mad. So, I stayed silent. "It's okay." She said dully. 

"No, it's not okay." I said, shaking my head. "I was a complete bitch to you." I said. Kate giggled silently, a small smile on her face. "I ditched you at the arena and I feel so bad about it." I said. Kate nodded her head in understanding. I searched through my mind, trying to find some way I could make it up to her, creating a short silence. The silence between us was broken by the school bell and the sound of chatty high schoolers as they exited the classroom into the once empty hallway. I still stood still, with Kate standing in front of me, waiting for me to say something. I looked around the hallway for inspiration, and my eyes set upon Harry, immediately reminding me of the secret I have been keeping from my best friend. "But I'd like to make it up to you." I said to Kate and before she could say anything I had ahold of her arm and was dragging her down the hallway towards Harry who was standing in front of his locker. He noticed us and gave us a big smile. 

"You made up again, I see." Harry smirked, crossing his arms. 

"How did you even know we w-"Kate started before I cut in. 

"We're partners in class, that's it, nothing else." I said, extremely suspiciously. Kate laughed. 

"Well, that's cute." Kate laughed. "So Marcel, have you heard about all this, Haren stuff?" Kate turned to Harry. "This is so awesome though. I'm friends with a famous person!" She laughed, throwing her hands in the air. Harry tried his best to not break out into laughter. 

"You have no idea." I laughed. Harry and I gave each other a quick mischievous look. 

We were all at lunch now, Harry and I were sitting across the table from each other as Kate carried on a conversation with our new friend "Dylan". I didn't even know why they were sitting with us, they never had before. Kate was being really flirty with Luke. She probably didn't even have a crush on him but she was all over him; like she was with every guy. Well, except for Harry. She could tell something was weird between us and she didn't want to get involved.  

"Lauren, can I come over tonight?" Kate asked, breaking me out of my thoughts. 

"What?" I snapped my head in his direction, "Uh, yeah." 

"And maybe Dylan can come too?" Kate said, giving me and Luke both a puppy face. 

"I'm cool with it." I replied, turning my head to Luke. 

"Only if Marcel can come." Luke smirked, winking at me. Obviously, he knew about the whole fake dating plan thing. As I looked across the table I noticed everyone staring at me, waiting for me to answer. 

"Uh sure, why not?" I shrugged. 

"Great! Maybe we can all watch a movie or something." Kate grinned.

~

Do you guys have any predictions for what's going to happen at Lauren's house? Comment Below!

~

How about any questions for me? Comment below too! Don't forget to vote this chapter!