Night 2

A/N I was just very inspired.
//

Night 2: May 25th of 9th grade

There was a knock on the window.

Maya didn't bother to look, knowing that there was only one person crazy enough to knock on her window at 2 A.M.

To be fair, she had texted him.

Lucas: Are you going to open up?

Maya paused. Should she?

Lucas: Maya. I can see you.

She got up from her chair and opened the window. He made his way inside, auburn hair all over the place, plaid pajama pants and a white t-shirt she could tell had been on his bedroom floor for a while.

But it wasn't her place to judge; after all, he had just been dumped. Her best friend had broken up with him after a fight.

A long, long fight that made sure to include Farkle and Maya.

Their relationship wasn't working out, in the end. So Riley ended things. And Lucas did not take it well. It had been three days, and he hadn't shown up at school. He skipped the play, so Farkle had to take his place. He missed his baseball game.

Maya was not expecting him to show up tonight, but he did. She had debated for most of the night, and at 1:45 A.M, she couldn't take it, and texted him. He replied two minutes later, saying that he was on his way.

She made her way to him, and hugged him.

The reason why it had hit him so hard was the way it ended. They had been dating for six months, going on seven the next week. He was trying to fix things, but Riley had been so distant, so cold with him. He didn't understand, because it was so unlike her to act like that. And when one day, she asked him to go to her place, he knew it was coming. He knew it was the end, but he didn't necessarily want to believe it.

He liked her. A lot.

He knew he could have loved her.

But when she told him that she only loved him as a brother, it broke him. He questioned his whole relationship with Riley, whether she had ever liked him like he liked her or not, whether it was a big joke and she was playing him all along, he didn't know. He just wanted to be alone.

So he started skipping his classes. He didn't want to see her.

He skipped the play. There was no way his character would tell hers that he loved her.

He skipped his baseball game. He knew that Maya always dragged her and Farkle along, and he wouldn't have been able to concentrate with her there.

Why?

He tried telling himself that it was just a dream. He tried to reassure himself by saying that things would be better. But why was he not feeling any better?

Maya helped with that.

Her embrace was warm and tight. He felt good in her arms, and he knew that she felt the same way. His arms snaked around her waist and pulled her closer, hugging her close to him.

He sniffled.

The blonde looked up at him. The pain in his eyes made her sad. She didn't like seeing her friends so fragile, so hurt.

They sat down together on her bed, and he leaned his forehead on her shoulder. She wrapped an arm around her shoulders, trying to comfort him as best as she could.

"Lucas? Do you want to talk about it?" She asked. But she knew that there was nothing to talk about. She already knew the whole version of the story, but she knew only three point of views; hers, Riley's and Farkle's. Lucas was the only one who hadn't talked to her about what had happened, or how he felt. But she knew how he felt; she knew the feeling all too well.

"She left me. I thought she wanted me. But she likes me as a brother, Maya. A brother. I can't do anything about how she feels." He said, voice quivering. Maya sighed and made him look at her.

"Listen to me. Riley doesn't know what she's losing, okay? You're an amazing guy, and any girl would be lucky to have you. If she doesn't understand that, then too bad for her. But she cannot help the way she feels. You need to stop acting like it's the end of the world." Maya said to him. His pained eyes didn't seem to get her point.

Usually, being straight-forward with Lucas worked. But tonight, it seemed like all he wanted to do was cry.

For the rest of the night, Maya held Lucas. Almost no words were shared, and the only time they had moved was to lie down on her bed. Her arms were around him, his face buried in her hair. At some point, he fell asleep. She could not.

And that was the second time Lucas knocked on Maya's window.

----
A/N Haven't got much to say like always just vote and share with friends