Views: Wake Up Calls

This weekend seemed to be an exercise in morning beverages and daydreams realized. First Harry bringing her coffee as she liked it in bed, and now sitting in his mother's back garden in Holmes Chapel having tea. Couple that with shared baths, parental approval and favorable articles and she wasn't sure she wasn't still dreaming.

The flight had been a nail biter. Alysia didn't think that Harry would fly her out to break up with her, but they were not in a good place. Her mood perked up when she had an iMessage from Maureen as soon as she landed. It tanked a bit bit when she realized what it was. 'You need to read this' it said with a BuzzFeed article titled, "Celebrity Reactions to Harry Styles New GF." At first, she was not going to open it, but she couldn't fathom that Maureen would send her an unflattering article.

"I think when you are experience superstardom on the level that guy deals with you have to chose a person who is not in the business. It keeps you grounded." Matt Damon
"She seems like a lovely girl. Having experienced backlash for loving someone, I feel for her. I can only encourage her to endure. It's worth it on the other side." Kate Middleton
"Who" Colin Firth
"She's a little fitty, well done Harry" Ronnie Wood
"I've heard nothing but great things from those that have met Alysia. To be honest, I'm a little miffed he hasn't brought her round." James Corden
"He's such a genuine guy, she must be just as authentic" Ed Sheeran
"Good for them" Kendall Jenner

Alysia was near tears. During her self destructive late night exercises, she saw one negative thing after another, about her looks, her weight, her job, her status, basically everything about her. To see nice things was a lovely shock.
Another lovely shock was when she hit the ground transport floor and saw Gemma holding a sign that read "Sunshine" and wearing a sisterly smile.
"Sorry for the sign," Gemma said when Alysia approached, "He hates that he can't be here, so he insisted, seemed a little frantic actually. Everything alright?" Head cocked to the side.
"I hope it will be," Alysia smiled through her tears. Gemma's presence and the cheesy sign seemed like a hopeful sign at least.
"My brother being a twat?"
"Oh no, pretty sure the twat-ness is all me this time," Alysia absolved Harry.
"Let's get to the car, and you can tell me about it. I can try to help out. Know what it's like to be adjacent to the madness," Gemma gave her shoulder a sympathetic squeeze.

Once in the car, Gemma leveled her with a look, "Right, are you worried about him cheating or what's being said about you? Or is it the distance?"

Alysia felt a combination of slapped and hugged, "um... all of the above. I miss him like crazy, the last month has been incredibly hard. We barely seem to be able to talk and we haven't seen each other. I know he's busy, but I feel like I'm not a priority. I asked him about other girls the other night. And I did it in the stupidest way. But, I know he's not. I was just mad and sad. And he defended her, like why?"
"Who's her?" Gemma asked.
"Kendall, who I shouldn't be worried about."
"No, I think she's a fair person to worry about, they orbit each other, have been on and off, and she'd love a chance. I think it was fair to ask. But, Alysia, if you can't trust him, you shouldn't be with him. There are going to be girls all the time, sometimes Kendall, sometimes fans. Basically, and lord knows why, any woman with a pulse seems charmed by Harry," Gemma shook her head ruefully, while merging onto the high street.

"Oh, he told me, apparently, 'they are lined up,'" Alysia air quoted.
"He did not!" Gemma whacked the steering wheel.

"Oh he did, but to be fair I had just asked him who was sucking his dick, so..." she trailed off.

"Wow, how'd this conversation end, then?" Gemma glanced at her.
"Um, I apologized and we said we missed each other and we'd talk when he got back to LA after the surgery. Then I woke up to a plane ticket. And here I am," she shrugged.
"Harry doesn't like to leave things unfinished, and he hates to feel responsible for someone's negative feelings. I'm not surprised you're here, also, his nerves make sense. What about the other stuff?" Gemma looked straight ahead while asking the question.
Alysia pushed out a full breath and looked out the window, "the other stuff, the blogs, and the comments, and the..the criticism. That's the hard part. I'm already unsure of what he's doing with me. What does he see in me, ya know? It just reinforces all that. And being called mannish, and unaccomplished, and ugly, and, and,...nothing,"she whispered, "hurts so much."