chapter 1

(Daniel's P.O.V) 

i walked through the apartment i shared with my two friends Tyler and Josh, "hey, i got the tickets. we leave tomorrow morning." tyler was watching t.v. while josh was making beats with the chop sticks he got from the take out we had earlier. "coolness man, how is it like in rio grande?"

"uhhhh its alright, i mean its really warm down there but in the winter it can get cold or hot." he nodded and changed the channel, "ughhhh there is nothing to watch! isn't your sister gonna come to cali?" i nodded and sat on the couch to play cuddle with him. "yeah, when we are coming back" josh finished and looked up at me, "can't wait, she seems really cool, sucks that you don't have any pictures of her." i giggled, "i left the pictures in my room back at home, and my phone broke so i had to get that new iphone five instead of having an android. plus i have her new iphone five for her graduation gift." tyler nodded and got the cup of juice from the coffee table. "so do we pack now?" he asked while looking at us, josh looked at me and back at tyler, "yeah." we all got up and began packing, i passed through the hall way and glanced into the room lilliana would be staying in. the room was a beach theme with the balcony to actually watch the horizon. i had to make it perfect for her, a small area with a bookshelf for all her books, a vanity she always wanted for her beauty things, her walk-in closet, and her bed, simple just the way she likes it so she would personalize it the way she felt was right. i sat on the bed and had a flashback.

-3 Years ago-

i watched my sister swimming in the river while eating an apple. she was a freshman and i was a senior. "why does it only get cold in late december and early january?" she asked while swimming to shore. "not sure why don't you ask mother nature."

"shut up smart ass." i giggled and finished eating my apple, "so senior year. bitch you're leaving me!" she smiled and got on the ground, "not excited but i guess i can do it. just another year of school but im happy i got that scholarship." she nodded and rested her wet head on my shoulder, "ima miss you after that." i kissed her head, "hey you and i will be together again during the summers i promise." she smiled and hugged me.

-flashback ends- 

"hey dan?" tyler said from the doorway, "yeah?"

"you alright?" i looked at the teddy bear i got yesterday and smiled, "yeah, im alright." he nodded and walked back to his and josh's room. i was so excited to see my sister.

(LILLIANA'S P.O.V) 

i walked into the living room and covered my dad with the blanket he always used, "night daddy." i kissed his head and walked to the kitchen where my mom was making tamales, "hey ima head out for the rodeo alright mama?"

"okay mija, be careful, what time you coming home? please be before seven." i smiled and hugged her, "can i stay at angelica's tonight with her and brenda?" she looked at me, "alright, but be home around one if possible." i nodded and took a bite of the bread she was eating, "mija."

"yeah?" i walked back into the kitchen and looked at her, "ready for tomorrow?" i smiled and hugged her, "more than ever, see you tomorrow love you mama." i kissed her cheek and grabbed my keys, i then walked out to my car and felt the rio grande sun on my skin. i got into the car and lowered the windows and blasted the music of twenty one pilots on. i drove out to brenda's house and honked letting them know i was outside, honestly we have funny ways of getting each other's attention. "ey! vamos! lets get a move on ya bunch of bitches that i love!" they came outside laughing and dressed for the rodeo, "hey babes." i said while letting them in, "hey lills." they said in harmony, "so rodeo tonight?" angelica asked, "yeah, um can we stay at your house tonight?" she nodded and smiled "yeah, now come on we can't leave brenda's man waiting!" i began lauging seeing brenda blush in the background, "hey! gerard and i are celebrating two years tonight!"