1

Hanji groaned tiredly as she woke. She shook Levi's sleeping body. "Levi.. the baby's crying again..." she said softly. "Can you go check on her please?" She asked quietly.
Levi woke up. He had barely gotten any sleep these past couple nights. "Just let it cry... I'm sure it will get over it soon..." he sounded agitated. Possibly because he had work soon. But Hanji didn't care about what Levi needed. He was a grown man. The baby needed her full attention.
She could never understand why Levi didn't do anything with their newborn. He was the one who had nearly begged her for the child. But now it was here... he despised it? It made her really upset. Levi was probably just struggling with coming to terms that he was a father. Well that's what she thought anyway. She couldn't think of any other reason for his absurd behaviour.  

Levi looked over at Hanji. He sighed. He played with Hanji's bedridden hair. "What do y-"
"Levi the baby is still godamn crying." Hanji glared at him as she got up and walked out of the room. "I'll go check on her." She sighed tiredly.

'What do you want to do for our anniversary?'

Only thin air listened his question.

Levi sighed quietly before laying back down onto the now growing cold mattress. He was upset with Hanji. It hurt him to the max that she didn't realise he needed attention too. He gripped the sheets and shook slightly. Hanji never payed attention to him anymore. It almost drove him crazy. He had been with her a hell of a lot longer that the baby had. He knew he wasn't going to fall back asleep now. He sighed. For some reason he couldn't wait for his work to start.

Hanji played with the baby's oddly black hair. It was already the same colour as Levi's. The baby wasn't very lucky though as she had picked up Levi's porcelain skin tone. But she had Hanji's pretty brown eyes and had some freckles. Her face was very detailed. Hanji loved her.

She was unaware of her upset lover in the next room. She just held the baby close and tried to keep her warm. She smiled at her little baby. She was all safe in the pretty green blanket Levi had bought just before she was born. It had pretty laces that were in black. It was unusual and very pretty. But Levi had never bought the baby anything like this since.

T h e  n e x t  d a y.

Levi got up out of bed. He still hadn't slept. He sighed softly. He could barely keep his eyes open. He walked downstairs to the kitchen and was surprised to see Hanji. He smiled slightly to himself and hugged her from behind.
"Hey baby." He said softly. He nuzzled her neck. "Levi be careful of the baby!" Hanji warned. Hanji gently moved out of his grip holding the baby close to her chest. Levi was careful not to squeeze it. He looked down. He felt upset. "Thanks for making breakfast. Did you do it for any specific reason?" Levi asked hopefully. Maybe she hadn't forgotten after all?

"No..? I haven't forgotten anything have I?" Hanji turned to look at him as she rocked the baby. She looked over Levi's shoulder at the calendar then gasped. She almost dropped the baby she loved so dearly. It was their anniversary! She then looked at Levi seeing the look of sadness in his gaze. Her eyes filled with guilt.
"O-Oh.." she stared at Levi. "Levi I-"
"I know you're sorry. That's why you have to make it up to me." He sighed looking at her.
"What do you need me to do Baby?" She asked softly holding their child. She was slightly nervous. "I want you to come on date with me tonight so we can finally spend some time together." Levi said calmly. Hanji looked at him. "But Levi! The baby! I have t-"
"We'll go out at Seven when the baby goes asleep." Levi said coldly. "Then we will hire a babysitter to make sure it doesn't cry to much after."
Hanji sighed at Levi's cold behaviour. Why couldn't he love their child like she did? She bit her bottom lip and stared at the baby that Levi was flat out ignoring. She looked down and sighed.
"It'll be a lot easier now Zoé... since you don't have to breastfeed." Levi only called Hanji's second name as a sign of affection. So Hanji was surprised that he had said it now, of all times. She looked up at him ready to give her answer to see him finish cleaning his plate. God he had eaten his food fast.
"I have to go to work now. You best get your outfit and decide who is babysitting." Levi kissed her cheek before going to the front door. Before he opened it he turned around. "Also get a godamn bath." He sneered as he walked out.
Hanji grinned slightly to herself at her husbands shitty humour.

Heya, so that was the first chapter of this fanfiction! This is going to be fairly short. (Three or Four chapters max) with maybe a epilogue explaining the aftermath. I'd love to know if any of you guys can guess why Levi hates the baby! I'm not 100% happy with how this turned out... but I hope you enjoyed!