Chapter 2: Rejection

Mary Jane's p.o.v.
His grip on my wrist intensified. He pulled me close against him. Looking up I see his eyes completely black. He brought his face closer, breathing down my neck. My eyes widened! No-no-not the claim. If he claims me now, we'd both constantly be in heat for the whole Spring.

"Mate." he whispered huskily, gliding his nose over my collarbone causing all sorts of fireworks to go off inside my body. I had honestly given up on finding a mate in this lifetime. I was almost giving into his touch.

"Mate" my wolf purred, responding to his. I raised my free hand to his neck, edging him closer. He raised his face from the crook of my neck. His face gentle....almost serene. His face got closer, as my heart started beating even faster. When I closed my eyes for the kiss, I see Wisdom's glistening smile and bright eyes.

Wisdom! I totally forgot about him. My eyes widen. Seeing my reaction, Locus also looks a bit taken back. I try to push him off of me, key word tried. His hold on me tightens as he uses his other free hand to pull me by my waist. By now there is no space between us. All parts of my body touching him in one way or another.

I struggle against him trying to free his hold. My struggle only causes him mild amusement before his eyes turn black. He's had enough, I can tell. He again puts his face in the nook of my neck. He starts applying soft butterfly kisses in the same area, where his mark will be. I shiver in pleasure and fright. Both in equal quantities. When I start to feel his canines grazing against my neck, the door opens with a bang.

"Mary I was looking for you all over. Why aren't at class yet...what are you doing with a student?!"

Lucas groaned in annoyance. Placing a last kiss on my neck, he released me. His voice still ragged and shallow. He calmed himself down by holding my wrist. Raising his head he gave Opal a fake smile and through gritted teeth he spoke "If you haven't noticed, we're mates"

"That maybe so but right now Mary has to get to a class and so do you Mr Manson." Opal shot back.

I pulled my hand free of him. He eyes snapped towards me, his eyes glaring hard.

"Um Locus.." at the sound of his name he purred.

"Say it again love" purring.

"Um Mr Manson..." he started glaring again.

"No, say my name again."

"Locus, I need to go. I have class. I'm a teacher remember. I can get fired."

"We wouldn't want that now would we?" He circled around me like a predator and the whispered in to my ears

"Meet before the next class love, we have unfinished business, the kind Tylor is best a conducting"

I looked up at him in surprise. He only flashed a evil smirk. He peaked straight on the lips before disappearing, without letting have the last word.

I kept staring after him long after he left.

"You know, actually Wisdom was looking for you." Opal's words snapped me back to reality.

Wisdom! I keep forgetting my fiancé. The one who has been with me since my high school days. How could I forget the love of my life for a mate I just met. Damn this mate bond.

I need to get real. Locus is just a kid. Who is also my student. When I was in high school he was only in kindergarten.

Wisdom on the other hand had been with me for twelve years. He proposed to me last fall. We were making wedding plans for next winter. I can't abandon him now, not when he has been with me through most of the rough patches in my life. Especially not for a hormonal teenage mate. I have to reject Locus and I have to do it quickly before things spiral more out of hand.

At lunch break I was sitting under our tree behind the school, waiting for Wisdom. He was grabbing us lunch from my favourite dinar The Dinar. Original, I know.
I was checking my mail when a shadow casted over me. Expecting it was Wisdom, I looked up only to see Locus standing there.

Before he could say anything I uttered the unthinkable words for any werewolf.

"I, Mary Jane Arthur reject you, Alpha Locus Manson, as my mate".