Chapter 2

Niall's POV

What's wrong with me? I don't know it's just something to do with that waitress, Sophie. There was no that it could be my Sophie, no she was in Ireland the last time I saw her. But she looked so much like her. Her smile, her voice, which you could even tell was with an Irish accent. What if it was? No if it was Soph, then she would of remembered me right? 'Niall you ok mate?' Asked Liam, looking at me concerned. I noticed the rest of the lads were lookig at me as well. 'Yeah I'm good' 'you sure you haven't said a word since Sophie left?' Asked Harry. 'Guys does Sophie look familiar to you at all?' I asked. Course the lads had never met her but I showed them a picture of her once. 'Yeah she does a bit, like I've seen her somewhere before' Zayn said. 'Yeah she looks like um ... Like that girl in your photo that you showed us' 'yeah that's it she looks like her' 'wait is it her?' I shrugged ' I don't know if she was soph I would of thought she would have remembered me.' 'Yeah I guess'. I sat there thoughtful, remembering my past wih Sophie.

Flashback-

I was 13 and it was my first day of high school. I was extremely nervous as I didn't think I would know anyone as I had gone to a different school compared to the ones my friends from middle school. I walked into my first class and there was only one spot left. It was next to girl with long blonde hair and brown eyes. She looked my age of course, maybe a year younger. She looked up and smiled at me beckoning me over. I looked down but walked over to her. 'Hi I'm Sophie Halloran, you can sit next to me if you want?'she offered. 'Im Niall horan, and thanks' 'your welcome, you seem to be a cool guy better then the others in this class' I laughed and looked around, all the boys were mucking around in their seats. They just looked like normal lads to me but I guess they were different in Sophie's eyes, well she is a girl. 'So Niall how bout we play twenty questions, so I can know someone on this school besides my older brothers' 'sounds good' she smiled at me. That was the first day I met Sophie, little did I know that she would become my best friend.

End of flashback

New flack back

"Come on Niall, hurry up' called Sophie ahead of me. It was the day of the football teams tryouts and Sophie and me decided to try out. 'Ok ok I'm coming I'm coming' me and Soph have been best friends for a year now. We did everything together, we were practically inseparable. 'Good luck horan, I'm going to bet you so bad' 'ha in your dreams Halloran' I retorted back. It was kind of funny how our last names sounded almost the same but me and Soph called it a blessing in disguise. Then tryouts started. By the end of it i was exhausted and I could tell many of the others there were too but somehow Sophie was still jumping up and down, wanting to do more. Then our names were called saying we both made it. 'Yes yes yes' Sophie said jumping up and down 'we did it nialler I told you I told you' 'cool it Soph' 'whatever we got in, I'm so happy' I laughed at her, she was dancing around the field, not caring about what others thought. It was one of the things I loved about Sophie, she didn't give a damn what others thought of her. It was one of the reasons why I loved being her best friend.

End of flashback

New flashback

I now 17, Sophie was 16 and I was about to go to my X factor audition. Sophie couldn't go unfortunately cause she had to go to a family reunion. 'Im so sorry nialler. Don't forget I'll be there in spirit cheering you on' 'thanks Soph I know you will' I gave her a quick hug which she returned. Then I jogged off to the car. She waved and put her thumbs up. I laughed and drove away. Later on I got in and Sophie as so happy for me she was jumping up and down all over the place, yelling I told you so I told you so, over and over again. That was one of my last memories of Soph.

End of flashback

I went onto X factor and half way through. She stopped contacting me, I was confused as I didn't understand. I tried her brothers but when they answered they just said she couldn't talk it was confusing. I didn't know if I did something wrong or not. So I stopped contacting her, knowing she probably didn't want to talk to me. It hurt but I guess I started to forget about her as I got caught up with being a part of one direction. But something about that waitress brought it all back. Speaking of the devil, she came up carrying our orders. 'Here you go boys' she said handing us each of our orders. 'Well enjoy' she said before walking off to attend to other peoples tables. I shrugged all my thoughts away and dug into my lunch I was starving.