The painting

Naruto Uzumaki lay awake watching his clock switch numbers .

His spiky blonde tufts of hair messily scattered across his pillow , his light blue eyes slid away from his clock .

He just couldn't sleep , it was Hopeless , the scene from yesterday afternoon kept replying in his head .

He had stayed late at school to help his art teacher with the gallery that would take place soon .his teacher wanted to put a certain portrait in it , but Naruto could not under any circumstances allow that , never would he show another living being, he hadn't even meant for his teacher to see it .

" But Naruto it's wonderful!"

His teacher had begged

" it's such a beautiful reinterpretation "

Naruto covered his painting and took it off it's stand ,

" over my dead body. Look I just needed a good candidate, please don't tell anyone"

After that he walked to his locker to collect the rest of his belongings . He had to set the painting Down for just a minute, just one minute, but that's all it took.

" oooh! What have you painted now Naruto?"

The voice was familiar he didn't have to see her face to know it was Sakura ,

He slammed the locker shut and reached for the painting but it had already been to late .

She gasp and nearly dropped it

" sasuke..."

Unfortunately wherever sasuke was Sakura was bound to be, and that held true .

He raised his eyebrows at her .

" what?"

She shook her head her light pink hair flying around her.

" no I mean ...it's you..."

Naruto felt his cheeks flush and he ripped the painting out of her hands , he felt stupid for not doing it sooner but it seemed like all his muscles had frozen and he was trapped watching this horrific scene play out.

He yanked the cover from the floor and wrapped it back up Storming out of the school.

What an idoit he was for painting that at school.

He couldn't help himself, when they given the challenge of painting a person Sasuke was the only one he seemed to think of .

Naruto had been painting for years now at first he was horrible six year olds could have painted better then him , but he was determined , it might have taken him forever but finally he was happy with his own work .

When he reached his car he popped open the back door and flung his things in the back seat along with the painting and slammed the door shut .

The drive home didn't take him long , he lived around twenty minutes away from the high school .

Naruto's eyes flashed back to the clock, it was time to get ready for school, but he had decided yesterday he was skipping today. He couldn't bare to go back there and face Sasuke .

Naruto threw the orange blanket aside and stood up stretching his arms .

He had been trying to lie to himself for the past few years, telling Himself he didn't really loved Sasuke, no matter how much he acted like he believed it , it was never true .

The last few months it had gotten worse , so he tried to stay away .

Sasuke uchiha would never love him back.