Chapter 29:

A/N:
So here's another update! Vote, comment and share (;

As we reach the table Harry lets go of my wrist and pulls out the chair for me to sit down. I feel like my wrist is literally burning from his touch, I rub my fingers over it and he grabs the chair next to me and scoots it across the concrete to sit in directly in front of me. His chair is so close that his knees are almost touching mine.

"What could you possibly want to talk about Harry?" I ask him in the harshest tone I can muster.

He takes a deep breath and pulls his beanie off again and sits it on the table. I watch as his long fingers run through his hair and he looks into my eyes.

"I am sorry" he says and I look away and focus on the large tree in the backyard. "Did you hear me?" He asks and leans in.

"Yea I heard you" I snap. He is crazier than I thought if he think he can just say sorry and I will forget the horrible things he continues to do to me on an almost daily basis.

"You're so damned difficult to deal with" he says and sits back on his chair. The bottle I tossed into the yard is in his hand and he takes another drink. How is he not passed out from drinking so much?

"I am difficult? You have to be kidding me! What do you expect me to do Harry? You are cruel to me, so cruel." I say and pull my bottom lip between my teeth. I will not cry in front of him. Natalie has never made me cry, we have been in a few fights over the years but I have never been upset enough to cry.

"I don't mean to be" his voice is quiet.

"Yes you do and you know it. You do it purposely. I have never been treated this poorly by anyone in my entire life" I bite my lip harder. I can feel the knot in my throat. If I cry he wins. That's what he wants.

"Then why do you keep coming around? Why not just give up?"

"If I.. I don't know but I can assure you after tonight I am not going to . I am going to drop literature and take it next semester" I say, I hadn't planned on doing that until now but it is exactly what I should do.

"Don't, please don't do that"

"Why would you care? You wouldn't want to be forced to be around someone as pathetic as me right?" My blood is boiling. If I knew what to say to hurt him as bad he always hurts me I would.

"I didn't mean that. I am the pathetic one" I release my lip from my teeth and my mouth falls open.

"Well I won't argue with that" I say and he takes another drink. I reach for the bottle and he pulls it away. "So you're the only one who can get drunk?" I ask and a small smile appears on his face. The patio light shines off of his eyebrow ring as he hands me the bottle.

"I thought you were going to toss it again" he says and I put the bottle to my lips. The liquor is warm and tastes like burnt licorice dipped into rubbing alcohol. I gag and Harry chuckles.

"How often do you drink?" I ask him. I need to get back to being angry with him after he answers.

"Before tonight it has been about six months" his eyes fall to the floor like he is ashamed.

"Well, you shouldn't drink anymore. It makes you an even worse person than usual"

"You think I am a bad person?" His tone is serious. Is he that drunk that he would ever consider himself a good person?

"Yes" I breath.

"I'm not. Well maybe I am. I want you to.." he stops.

"You want me to what?" I have to know what he was going to say. I hand him back the bottle and he sits it on the table. I don't want to drink, that one drink was bad enough and I already have terrible judgment around Harry as it is.

"Nothing." he tells me and I know he is lying.