f o u r t e e n

|Fourteen|

|Fourteen|

I entered the Light Paradox with tears in my eyes. I knew I shouldn't let Lucifer's actions affect me only I couldn't help it. I had already lost at his game. Raphael didn't ask any questions, only handed me a mug of tea.  He had probably seen crying Angels return from the Underworld before. "Maybe you should take a break from visiting the Underworld for a while?"

I nodded, not bothering to wipe away my tears. "I don't think I ever want to visit there again."

"That bad huh?" Raphael asked with a defeated expression.

I nodded, "I met Aggy."

"Aggy?" he repeated slowly, not fully recognising the name. "As in?"

"Agratbatmahlaht? Yeah."

"But she's supposed to me-"

"Dead?" I cut him off, my voice cold and unforgiving like slipping on black ice in the midst of winter. "Yeah no, she's alive and well. She's a Demon now."

"Oh. That's something I didn't expect." He looked down trying to analyse what I was telling him. "I mean, Aggy - a Demon? That's strange? I mean, I never saw that coming - Is she okay? Not regretting anything-"

"Oh. Aggy's fine. Got her tongue down Lucifer's throat."

"Lucifer's an asshole." I automatically agreed with the new voice, turning to source the owner of it. It belonged to another young man, possibly the same age as Raphael with short dirty blond hair, sitting on the sofa next to me.

I turned sharply, mildly shocked to find him sitting so close without me noticing the sofa dip along with him.

"Charmeine, this is Uriel. I don't believe you two have met before." Raphael briefly introduced, nodding in the second males direction.

"No, I'm Charmeine." I held out my hand.

"Uriel," Uriel returned, taking my hand into his own. "Pleasure to finally meet you."

"Likewise." I sniffed, my eyes still burning from the crying. They always hurt after crying. "Kinda wish I wasn't crying though."

"Don't worry about it." Uriel brushed off. "Crying is a natural thing. When your crying because you're sad your tears produce a chemical which contains a natural painkiller - leucine enkephalin. It's why you'll feel better after having a good cry."