t h i r t y t h r e e

|ThirtyThree|

|ThirtyThree|

Gailé chuckled humourlessly. "You're rather poetic, aren't you?" She sighed. "Still, you're wrong. Would you like another guess?"

I felt my lips curve up into a faint smirk, "Lying now won't throw me off the scent Gailé. You can't fool us now - you might as well start telling the truth."

It was then Gailé released a sigh of defeat. "Fine. You're right. But tell me, how did you work it out?"

A coy smile left my lips, "A magician never reveals her tricks."

"We may have until four, but that should be more than enough time for you two to combine the harmonies. I mean, you already have admitted your feelings for each other." Gailé started up her nonsense again.

"You can't rush us Gailé. We'll take as much time as we need. I don't care if you have a deadline or whatever to meet."Lucifer said coldly, his hand returning around my waist.

Gailé whined in response. Her fists curling up beside her. "You won't make this easy for me, will you?"

"I don't see why they should." Bal said, "You've messed with their lives more than a handful of times."

Sighing once more, Gailé turned on her feet. "Alright, follow me. It's too loud in here to discuss properly."

"Oh. Poor you." Gabriel scowled, reluctantly following Gailé out the room, "I wonder whose fault that is."

Bal laughed at his comment and tossed his arm over Gabriel's shoulders. "You're rather funny actually, behind this I'm-a-brat wall you hold up."

"I would watch it if I were you." Gabriel spat back, "By the looks of it, these folks up here don't follow the rules - I don't have to act like an Angel up here."

Bal continued laughing. "Are you threatening me? Man, this is amusing!"

Their bickering died down once Gailé approached the second door. This one was like the first; made from the same metal and shared the same ancient markings of a language nobody could understand.

This room was curved, the walls providing a dozen different hiding spots, the naked eye couldn't see. White painted the walls, elegant doodles of roses painted in red watercolour marked the lower border of the walls. Like it was a constant running theme, there were a few leafy plants in bowls of light ceramic. Apart from these few details, the room was empty - like a void.