| 3 |

august 8th, 3022
                                       friday, 4:58am est

i sit at my desk, taking off my glasses, my phone dings.

happy birthday, honey. see you saturday!

mom

i smile, my fatigue didn't help my eyes to stay open. i check a few of my emails, my inbox full of happy birthdays. i glance at my timer, what the hell? it blared 30 minutes, how is that—i feel my pocket buzz, jumping up, i quickly dash out my room. pushing away the weird time, i run down the hospital's hallway. i see two nurses rolling in a female patient, i slowed down.

"here is her information."

i scrunch my eyebrows, i take a quick glance at her, no physical injuries. well, i see scars, and there could be internal hemorrhaging. i take the clipboard, as they leave me her to push down to our testing lab. i read over her info.

age : 29
birthday : august 26th, 2,992
born : district of columbia, virginia, u.s
blood type : b positive

after a few tests, a quick x-ray, no inner injuries. i check her vitals, she wasn't responding at all. i guessed that she was just in deep slumber, but i read over her information again. she's in a coma. i set her up an iv, and read more about her.

transferred to 10 different hospitals to provide for her welfare. since her car crash a year prior, i take a brief look at her. her brunette hair framed her heart shaped face structure. she looked as if she had been in pain, i feel myself frown. something drew me to her, this has never happened to me with any of my patients.

but it wasn't because of her beauty, but a feeling, a force that pulled me. i shrug it off, seeing that her iv bag was almost empty, i fetch a new one. as i replace the old one with a fresh one, i glance at her left wrist. seeing that she's had a timer, in curiosity i check how much time she has left. wait a second—my throat went dry as i look at my timer, it's stopped.

i check her own, if i was having a malfunction in mine. to my luck, hers was stopped as well. moving her brunette locks out of her face, the sound of my heart beat match hers from her monitor. it's really her...

she's my soulmate.