| 6 |

"here you are."

i take the medication i've ordered for logan, thanking her, i walk down the empty hallways. he should have been in a mental hospital ever since he became a threat to everyone around him. including myself.

"hello, logan."

he sits by his window, i look down to his hand. he appears to be scratching the top layer of skin on his left hand, i slowly walk over. gently grabbing his hand, he stops, i observe his finger. blood under his finger nail, i sigh, what am i going to do with him? this isn't my specialty, why did dr. barren have to travel now?

i write down his vitals, it's been three days since i've touched kara. not once has she left my mind, i leave his room and to my own. it must have been 3 in the afternoon or so, after reviewing all my patients history and diagnostics. my eyes grow dreary of my computer screen, i lay down on my couch. falling asleep as my head hit my tempur-pedic pillow.

where am i? i blinked. i was back home in toronto, in my large apartment. i sigh, missing the feeling of being home, passing by a set of french doors. a beautiful view that i had almost forgotten by being so far away from home, very dreary in seattle.

i decide to make myself some green tea with honey, relax as long as i possibly can in this dream. i'd love to take kara here, live with her... marry her. shaking my head, i chuckle, getting way too ahead of yourself, mendes. i walk upstairs, pushing open my bedroom door. there, in my bed, was kara. she was no longer in a hospital gown, but a silk babydoll of a somewhat light purple.

with a small black lace slit, and detailing just above her breasts. she was swathed in my ecru satin sheets. she was still asleep. i approach her slowly, my heart pounding, just as it had the first time i'd seen her.

"kara,"

i whisper. touching her arm tentatively. she stirred, turning relentlessly towards me. i stroked a long strand of hair away from her face.

"mmm."

i smile, my... how adorable. without thinking, i lean down, smiling, and kiss her. a quick, happy, thoughtless gesture. suddenly, her eyes opened, followed by a series of languorous, sleepy blinks. her dove brown eyes focused on my face.

"who are you?"

her voice was sleep-husky, hoarse and surprised. for a moment, i forgot my own name.

"shawn,"

i finally said, too shocked to introduce myself properly. dream or not, it tripped me out on how she was awake. having her attached to an iv for so many months. she scrunched her eyebrows up, the crinkles in her forehead visible.

"last name?"

she sounded a bit afraid to ask.

"mendes."

her eyes widen, she sat up, the sheets unraveling from her beautiful skin. i gaze, oh my.

"you're my doctor."

as if her awakening in my dream didn't shock me enough, how could she possibly know that?  it almost seemed too real to see her here, on my bed. but it couldn't possibly be, it was a dream. the low cut in the front of her babydoll, showcased her generous breasts in the most tantalizing way. i force myself to focus on her face instead. that didn't improve matters: i found myself getting lost in those chocolate eyes.