Nine

Mitch slipped carefully out of Scott's arms when he woke up, then pulled on his boxers and one of Scott's sweatshirts quietly. He looked back and made sure Scott was still asleep, then scampered out of the room and upstairs to the library.

Scott frowned slightly in his sleep when Mitch left, curling tighter and feeling for him. When he came up empty, he frowned more and shivered.

Mitch walked in and saw his stack book still in his chair and he rushed over, sitting down and curling up. He grabbed the book he was reading last and found his page, then continued on.

Scott shivered again and curled tighter, goosebumps rising on his skin.

Mitch burrowed into the large sweatshirt and read happily, getting lost in the pages.

Scott shivered a third time and finally woke up. He looked sleepily around for Mitch, but frowned when he wasn't there. "Princess?" His voice is rough with ghosts of sleep.

Mitch obviously didn't hear him and continued on reading.

Scott slowly got up, still looking around for him. "Princess?" He exited the room and looked for signs of a break-in or a struggle, fearing his princess was taken away from him.

Mitch was too lost in his book to hear Scott, and he set it down, then picked up a new one carefully and started it.

Scott chewed on his lip nervously. "Princess?" This time, his voice is weak and pathetic, breaking halfway through the word.

Mitch got lost in the new book, reading quickly.

Scott collapsed against the wall, putting his face in his hands. Great job. You lost him.

Mitch jumped when he heard Scott hit the wall and got up, walking out slowly. "Scott?" he called quietly.

Scott made a small noise at the sound of his voice, thinking he's being delusional. Pathetic.

Mitch frowned when he heard the noise, walking towards the stairs. "S-Scott?"

Scott looked up, his eyes shining with unshed tears. When he saw Mitch, it was like the weight of the world was lifted off his shoulders, and he quickly stood up and rushed over to him to wrap him in his arms. "Princess..." he breathed relievedly, squeezing him tighter.

Mitch frowned, and spoke quietly, "Did i scare you? I'm sorry..."

Scott shook his head, his eyes closing as he held Mitch closer. "Oh, no, it's okay... it was just me being overprotective..."

Mitch nodded slowly, holding onto him gently, "Okay."

Scott tried to let go of Mitch, but he couldn't bring himself to, so he simply stepped closer and murmured, "Are you okay?"

Mitch nodded. "I'm fine," he answered quietly.

Scott finally pulled back ever so slightly so he could kiss his forehead. "Are you hungry? Thirsty? Hot? Cold? Do you need anything at all?"

Mitch smiled slightly and shook his head.

Scott hesitated. "You sure?"

"Yeah," Mitch said quietly.

"Okay," Scott said just as quietly, pulling him into his arms again.

Mitch nuzzled against his chest carefully.

Scott smiled and closed his eyes, perfectly content to stay there forever.

Mitch hesitantly pulled away and took his hand, pulling him upstairs and back into the library.