Seventeen

Scott held Mitch close to his chest and he watched the final police officer from their perch above them.

Mitch closed his eyes and moved as close to him as possible.

The policewoman looked frantically around for Scott, her heart pounding loudly in her chest.

Mitch curled up again and wrapped his arms around Scott weakly.

Finally, the policewoman looked up, and Scott smirked down at her, waving. "Toodles." He pushed a button, and then there were none.

Mitch let out a shaky breath and pressed himself completely against Scott.

Scott sat back, letting out a shaky breath and pulling him closer. "Oh God..." he breathed out, closing his eyes.

Mitch clutched onto his shirt tightly. "I love you," he said quietly and shakily.

"I love you too, princess," Scott whispered back, but he forced himself to pull back and turn his attention back to the station.

Down below, the chief had come rushing out of his office at the commotion and cursed loudly when he took in the sight. Slowly, all the other officers emerged from their offices or waiting rooms, and stared solemnly at the bodies.

Scott took this opportunity to slip away with Mitch in his arms, his movements not making a single sound as he crept above the ceiling.

Mitch held onto him weakly, burying his face in Scott's chest.

Scott eventually stopped at a certain spot and carefully set Mitch down, then reached up and undid a vent. He picked Mitch back up again and lifted him up so he could crawl onto the roof.

Mitch opened his eyes slowly and glanced around.

Scott lifted himself up and carefully out the vent back into place, then picked Mitch back up again and crawled over to the other end of the roof. "Hold on tight, princess." He jumped off and immediately started running, dodging trees and plants and somehow not making a sound.

Mitch clutched onto him and watched behind Scott as he ran.

Scott finally made it to the mansion and slipped inside, leaning heavily against the door and sinking down to sit. He pulled Mitch impossibly closer and let out a shaky breath, his eyes fluttering closed and his chest heaving.

Mitch nuzzled weakly against his chest and closed his own eyes.

"Are you okay? Did they hurt you? Do you need anything?" Scott asked quickly, forcing himself to open his eyes and pull back to look at him.

Mitch opened his eyes again and met Scott's. "I'm okay. They didn't hurt me. I'm fine," he answered quietly.

Scott let out another shaky breath and closed his eyes, pulling Mitch back against his chest. "Oh, thank God."

"He said I have Stockholm Syndrome," Mitch whispered shakily, moving impossibly closer to him.

Scott nervously chewed on his lip. "You don't, right?"

Mitch shook his head wordlesly.

Scott relaxed slightly and pulled him even closer. "I love you."

"I love you too," he said quietly, blinking his eyes open slowly.

"I love you more."

Mitch giggled weakly. "No way."

"Mhm." Scott spoke quietly, holding him tighter.

Mitch thought for a moment. "Then I love you the most."

Scott groaned, "No."

Mitch nodded. "Yes."