Prologue

Since their development and release a few weeks ago, mutants worldwide have been killed. Cold blooded, this machines approach mutants as beasts approach their prays. Silently. Wildly.

I was in New York when they arrived. I even saw them coming before they did physically.

"Shh. This way" I lead a young feral over the streets of New York. The girl in her early teens held into my hand with a strong grip, her odd combined yellow-purple eyes flickering around with fear.

We were lucky on escaping. I was on my way home when the sense returned. A dark filled powerful sense flooded through me freezing me in place. That's when I knew I had to do something.

The empty dark and messed streets were silenced. Humans and non-humans went into hiding. More specifically the evolved kind. The Homo sapiens rarely interacted with mutants so for now, they were safe.

A shiver passed over my spine as the thought crossed my mind. Suddenly I was untrusted into another sight...

A young girl no more over than 8 years old runs away from the metal machine preparing to strike. I watch around me in shock as the chaos invades the now empty city; Red stained, bloody bodies scarred and thrown into awkward, odd positions. Their chests opened like a blade or swords sliced them threw the flesh. I cringed and looked away, vomit threatening to leave my body through my dry throat. My eyes caught sample of a Sentinel chasing down a teenage blonde boy

"Mutant detected" the robotic voice flooded through the high pitched screams around me to my ears. The boy shrieking and trembling in fear mumbles and repeats loudly over and over again

"I'm not a freak! I'm not one of those things! I'm human!"

It did not matter at all. The Sentinel retreated back his spear like arm and stabbed the boy through his chest. The sharped end of the spare entering through his chest, exiting from the back leaving its 'arm' bloodstained. The kid going limp into the strong grip of the sentinel.

A scream got caught into my throat as tears gather in my eyes while I cover my mouth to muffle the gasps threatening to leave my mouth. Suddenly I'm not longer on the destroyed, dirty blood-bath of New York I was seconds ago.

The young mutant was shaking my shoulders. My frightened blueish wide eyes must have frightened her until the point of tears leaving her eyes

"Blair. Please. It's not safe to stop with those killing machines" the blonde mutant whispers fanatically. I blinked feeling myself returning to the present heavily with her words. I exhaled closing my eyes trying to not let water blur my vision.

I opened them hearing the sound of skin slicing open. I snapped my head towards the noise seeing a couple of mutants running around the destroyed cars trying to distract the sentinels of going to a certain direction.

"Mary!" The male mutant calls out in panic throwing sunlight rays to the machines as he calls to a mutant blonde crushing down defeated in front of another sentinel. Her arms hugging her stomach where blood flees through her fingers, her heavy breathing panicking as she looks up at the machine getting ready to strike a second time. Her fingers crawling with electricity as she tries to keep it at bay with one of her bloody hands, while the other supports her wound. Her electricity flickering in and out of focus as her stance becomes weaker by each passing second

The Sentinel retreated its sharped arm about to strike his final blow not longer being affected by the girl's mutation when I snapped out of my scared trance.

I hold my hand in front of me, mi pointer and middle finger up pointing to the Sentinel's arm and with narrowed eyes I flicker my fingers to the side. The arm flying back embedding into a destroyed car.

The mutant looks up in fear closing her eyes waiting for her final breathing moment to come but it never does. Metal crashing with metal makes her sapphire eyes snap open to see the Sentinel in front of her losing its other arm. Slowly dismantling as if it were nothing. She looked around in relieved confusion until her eyes caught sight of a brunette girl holding her hand towards the machine's direction.

A telekinetic.

And she wasn't alone. A younger feral mutant with yellow-purple eyes was clinging onto the brunette's side holding her black leather jacket. The mutant's blue eyes flickered at her after the sentinel was no longer a problem to her eyes in a silent questioning mode.

Are you okay?

The blonde mutant even after her condition of bleeding in the middle of a war couldn't have been safer than she was. Her boyfriend was fighting next to her for a couple of their mutant friends and now that stranger telekinetic girl was risking her hidden place, her life to save her.

She nodded gratefully not noticing the brunette's flinch and her stiffed, wide eyed stance before she yell a warning...

"Careful!"

However, it was too late. A silent, shocked gasp left the blonde mutant's lips feeling as a hot painful shock passed through her chest. Her eyes slowly flickered downwards, finally noticing the source of her pain, a bloodstained sharped metallic spare traversing her skin from the back. The blood leaving in a quick pace. Her entire body crawled with electricity before giving the brunette a small smile in thanks before fluttering her eyes close, now finally resting from weeks of hiding and looking over her shoulder every corner.

She was finally in peace.