Chapter 7

Future

My mind seemed overwhelmed, watching and at the same time explaining what caused Logan's reaction and abrupt violence. I had to use a lot of strength trying to keep at bay my younger self from glancing to our past so she wouldn't freak out. Having young me freaking out would be unproductive.

"He needs to calm down" I breathed heavily, gripping my necklace tightly returning back to our present. Magneto was helping me stand.

"We're trying" Bobby snapped, looking panicked seeing Kitty's bloody arm. In the entire struggle, Logan had managed to cut her arm, explaining the blood and the pale color her skin turned. She was sweating, her eyes slightly dazing off but she still held on.

It took a few more seconds longer before Logan relaxed. I squared my shoulders, staring at Logan, getting a glimpse of a young man in military uniform standing up. The Professor's voice in my head reminding me his name, William Stryker the one who gave him his adamentium skeleton. He had taken a teaser out of his body, saving his life from dying. He had interacted with a crucial part of Logan's life, that's what caused the interruption.

"We're back" I blinked, looking at their faces full of relief. Logan's conscience was back safely into his younger-self.

My legs gave up for all of strength I used.

"I got him" Kitty said after a few seconds. I allowed myself to relax for a few seconds. I felt someone next to me

"You okay?" I opened my eyes, glancing at Magneto.

"Yeah. Considering" I replied, staring at Logan.

"Hows our future, B?" Bobby called to me, worry written on his face.

I didn't need to use my powers to know the answer, staring at Logan "Still blank"

~ 8 ~

Blair looked at Logan closely for any sign of the future man without no luck until commotion caught her attention from behind Logan, seeing the soldier who had tasered taking off his body and running away the room, glancing at Logan's claws.

Once he was out, she looked up at Logan seeing recognition on his eyes. "Great, you're back" she sighed in relief

"Professor?" Logan breathed, blinking.

"What happened to you?" Charles asked relieved to see the man back. A pang of sadness he tried to ignore when he called him by his former title. It had been a while since he was called that way

"I just saw someone who's going to bring me a lot of pain someday" Logan answered distractedly. Blair looked at him with knowing realization. Will that soldier the one who will place that kind of metal inside him in the future? Blair thought to herself sadly and slightly disgusted for how humans were capable of doing such harm. She shook her head, she didn't want to think about it "Where's Raven?" Logan asked, not wanting to dig deeper.

Charles sighed in defeat "Gone"

"What?" Logan looked at them, wide eyed

Blair shrugged, her eyes widening with a flinch once she got a vision of the future. She blinked, returning to the present and looked up at them, desperately "We have to get out of here!" She told them, running out of the room, knowing they would follow her

Logan and Charles exchanged a look, following her. Logan knew she had seen someone else's future mixing with her own, ending terrible, if her expression meant something. He got to know very well whenever she had an unexpected vision.

~ 8 ~

The four remaining mutants returned to Charles' mansion, once upon a time a school for young mutants.

Blair looked at the mansion wide eyed in awe.

As soon as they entered the mansion, Charles suddenly fell down to the ground in pain

"What happened?" Logan asked as Hank and Blair tried helping Charles to his feet. Blair using her powers to stabilize him on his feet "Why can't he walk?" Logan asked

"He needs his treatment" Hank replied not looking at anyone but Charles.

Charles closed his eyes tightly, trying to force away the voices. He didn't want that. He preferred walking than his abilities. When he could walk, his ability were gone.

"It's okay, I'll make it stop. I'll get it" Charles told them, taking a deep breath.

Hank looked up at Blair, hesitantly

The brunette gave him a reassuring nod, focusing her powers to keep Charles standing while Hank started running up the stairs to get Charles' treatment

Blair took a deep breath, realizing he wasn't a struggle to keep him standing. Just a bit as she had to only concentrate on his legs and torso so he wouldn't get hurt. Holding a person was entirely different than holding an object.

Charles seemed to be in deep distress, voices were echoing around his head and he couldn't keep them apart. A voice stood up more than others when Blair touched his hand, not able to withstand all of her thoughts, ripping his hand away from her grip

Blair looked slightly hurt, but otherwise still tried to help him, carefully siting him on the stairs

"Hey, hey, pull yourself together" Logan told him "It's not over yet"

Charles looked at Logan intensely as if reading his mind "You don't believe that"

Logan frowned in confusion "How do you know?"

Charles pointed at his legs, breathing heavily in pain for all the weight of different minds on his head "As these go..." he shakily pointed at his head "...This comes back. They all come back!"

Blair flinched a bit, looking at him sympathetically, finally recognizing his pain. But not because she knows it.

She saw his pain.

She had a glimpse of a young Charles when she touched him. It was of when he first discovered his powers. How he struggled with it while trying to control it. Something that weirder her out. She had only been able to see the future. Why was she seeing the past now?

"Look, I'm...I'm still here. She's still out there" Logan told him "But we need your help, Charles. Not like this, I need you. We can't find Raven, not without your powers"

Hank returned with the injection that would return his legs, but his telepathy would be gone "I added a little extra cause you missed a dose" He informed giving the needle to Charles, who raised his sleeve about to inject himself when Logan speaks

"Charles" Logan warned softly.

Charles looked at Logan before glancing at the quiet brunette. She wasn't looking at anyone, lost in thought. As soon as he laid eyes on her, her thoughts filled his head making him gasp slightly at the intensity, realizing something about her. She wasn't the cheerful and optimism mutant she had made everyone to believe. She hid her pain, not letting it rule her. It amazed him how she was able to do it.

He shook his head, if she could do it. Why couldn't he? He could be strong as well. He slowly put down the needle, slowly changing his mind. He dropped it, making Blair snap from her thoughts with a glimpse of his future.

She looked at him with a knowing grin.

"Hank, do me a favor" Charles spoke quietly, gulping "Would you help me to my study, please?"

"Alright" Hank quirked up his lips slightly, helping Charles walk over to his study, opening a closet door on the studio, looking at Charles in worry "Are you sure about this?"

"Absolutely not"

They all look at Charles' wheelchair.

"It doesn't look that bad" Blair blinked coming back to the present, grinning knowingly