Chapter 6

Falling asleep after a tense reunion and almost dying because of an out of control and emotional mutant was a success for Blair.

The mutant softly snored as Charles and Erik played chess. It had been a small heart to heart that got them settling down their differences for the time being and calling down a truce with each other.

There were objects around the mutant girl that seemed to be moving with each breath she took, giving away she had no control over her abilities. A small spoon suddenly started levitating while Blair shifted her position to a comfortable one, the metal moving as she did and when she shifted her head to the side, the spoon accidentally got thrown forward, hitting Erik on the back of his head.

Startled, Erik hissed whipping around his head seeing the aforementioned object laying on the ground. He frowned slowly looking up, seeing a glass of water being lifted up magically next to the sleeping teenager. His eyebrows shooting up impressed and curious

"She has an amazing gift" Erik commented still looking at the moving objects around her. Charles looked up, following his gaze silently watching the girl moving her head, the glass following the movement "Such talent inside a small girl" he turned to Charles "Where did you find her?"

Charles didn't answer, still looking at the sleeping girl gong back to the way her eyes never showed any judgment toward any mutant she had ever come to know. It was something refreshing for him after years of losing himself. She didn't fear nor seemed disgusted by Logan or Erik about their mutations and didn't seem disappointed in him by giving up his powers so he could walk. She seemed the contrary, almost like how he once was. Excited with each power he met, proud of their accomplishments. She reminded him of his days as a professor when he used to help young mutants to control their abilities.

And Charles could see even without his powers that the girl still had a lot to learn.

There was the issue of her seeing the past. Logan mentioned her ability to do so but it was secondary reaction. The first being the future and if she concentrated enough the past but it took her too much energy and if he was correct, the girl hadn't discovered her ability to see the past or she would have mentioned it.

It was the first time he met someone with more abilities than just one. Retrocognition. Precognition. Telekinesis. The latter two being her dormant ones. She had great control over them while being conscious but when sleeping, it could get her in trouble by her lack of dominance over them in her unconscious state. And those were weak. She could have neutralized Erik's abilities with the proper strength but she had limited control over them. Her skilled abilities were seeing the future and her infuriating and humanly excitement and non-judging personality

"She was hiding between humans" Charles said quietly, sighing "Only using her abilities when necessary" 

Erik hummed thoughtfully "She could have stop me" He turned to his blue eyed friend "Her ability implies more than just metal, is everything, isn't it?"

"Yes, but she hasn't train it" Charles replied, licking his lips "Only a little and I think when no one could see her. She thought she was the only one like her"

"Well, she certainly isn't alone anymore" Erik commented, giving the girl one last one.

"No, she isn't" Charles looked at the girl and allowed himself to smile a little, suddenly wanting to get inside her head to glance at her dreams to know what was making her look so peaceful

~8~

Paris

This was it. The thing Logan was supposed to stop Raven from doing and setting up the chain of events leading to his awful future.