Chapter 18

Kylo's POV - -

The camp for the night was set up. It amazes me, every time I make this same journey ,how long it takes.

"Kylo?" I turned to see the princess.

"Yes?"

"You were hurt protecting me, the least you could let me do is see to it."

I raised an eyebrow under my mask.
Every bit of me was pulling me away from her, except my heart.

"I guess." She looked shocked. I motioned for her to follow. 

It actually scared me, for her to see my face. The scars. The monster.

"I am going to get some hot water." She said walking out of my tent.

I surprised myself that I  would even allow her  to see me. See me beyond the mask. What would she think of me? Of my scars?

I was taking off my mask as I heard her come in. She approached me slowly.

She walked over the the chair and sat down. I took my shirt off.

I turned around. She was looking at my features. I tried to look inside her mind.  But mine was too clouded to do so.... I think.  Or there was a wall in hers.

She got the cloth wet . I noticed her eyes go to the scars on my chest. She started to dab. It stung. I moved back.
"You have got to trust me. I won't hurt you." She said.

She continued to dab. She dipped it back in the water.

"May I ask you something Kylo?"

"I... um.. sure."

"How did you get the scars? "

"My master."

"Your master?"

"He trained me since I was 15. He was more a father to me than my own father."

"But he hurt you."

I said nothing. 

"He taught me that they made me stronger. "

"I believe that. I believe scars are like the mistakes that won't leave us. They stay with us to remind us what we have learned."

"So they don't bother you? "

"No, I think they're beautiful. They make you who you are. " She was calm.

"You're beautiful Princess."

She looked up at my face.  We stared at each other. Our faces came closer and closer to the others.

Our lips brushed.

"I'm sorry." She said pulling away.

"No, no princess. It was my fault."

"We should finish." She said pressing the bandage on my wound.