Chapter 4 [Proofread & Edited]

It had been three days since Sarah's date happened and I had only three more days until my 'date'. What did Jumin like anyways? Art galleries were an obvious no-no. Fancy restaurants maybe? A five-starred cruise? I mean, knowing His Excellency, there was a high chance it would be one of those two -- if not more expensive.

I thought about his date with Sarah and grinned to myself, a laugh escaped my lips before I could repress it. Sarah obviously had no clue about Jumin's distress the entire tour we had had that evening. For a woman so madly in love with the man, she didn't know one bit about him.

Well, I thought. She might just be another one of those gold diggers. I made a disgruntled face. Who even gold digs these days, anyways? Lame.

I shook my head as I chuckled, thinking about the odd couple. I was leisurely spread across the couch on my back before I put down the magazine I had been reading and stared at the ceiling. High classed people had always been mysterious. And scandalous.

I pushed my magazine off onto the side and hugged one of the pillows on the couch. Grabbing my phone, I checked my schedule for tonight and saw that I had a meeting with the other directors of the other departments.

Sighing, I reluctantly stood up and slipped into casual clothing. A purple blouse and black jeans with a pair of converses. I rushed out the door and started my car, driving towards the hospital.

When I arrived, I realised I had been fifteen minutes early and decided to wait outside of the meeting room in the halls.

Checking my watch, I saw that it was nine on the dot at night. Five minutes had already passed but it had felt like weeks. I wondered how long the meeting would take. An hour or three?

Left to my own thoughts, my eyes staring at my feet, my mind strayed to Hyun. It hadn't really been long since we had broken up -- there was no text from him, no call or anything. We were really over, then. I thought back to the last time I had seen Hyun. His eyes were tinged red -- hurt and betrayed -- when he had dumped me. I almost hated myself.

Throughout the year I had spent with Hyun, Hyun knew that I didn't share the same level of feelings as he did -- that I needed time to love him the way he had once loved me. I had told him that. He had said that he would wait. But I guessed time had ran out for the both of us.

"Yoona?"

I looked up and saw Mr Lee, director of the emergency department. I stood up and bowed.

"Hello, Mr Lee," I saw him holding a stack of papers that seemed a bit too heavy, even for someone as sturdy as him.

"Can I help you with that?"

"Oh, just grab a few off the top. It's not as heavy as it looks but I appreciate it."

I smiled. Mr Lee had always been nice. I opened the door first and grabbed a few sheets off him, entering the room and placing it onto the large meeting table.

"Could you give each seat a piece of paper, Yoona?"

I nodded and spread the papers out. What meeting was this going to be? I saw a seat with my name typed on paper and sellotaped onto the table. As soon as I reached for the chair, directors from other departments started to walk in turning the silence into quiet murmur.

I sat down and so did the others. Soon, the chairman of the hospital, Chairman Yi, walked in and sat down with his secretary. "Do you all have your papers?"

I looked down and placed my hands over my share of papers and continued listening to Chairman Yi. Well, not really. My mind was elsewhere.

In a flash, the meeting ended and the only few things that I had caught on was that there was going to be a small kids' daycare for the Surgery Department soon and I was to participate in the opening ceremony, along with a few other directors.