Prologue

To anyone who reads this,

As it pains me to say this, I ran away from Berk. There I said it. Look, its not that I don't love being on Berk. But, I can't help but feel like there is something more for me out there. Beyond the walls of the archipelago lies a world waiting to be discovered.

I'm so sorry guys, but I just can't rest until I've seen what's beyond the fog bank. Don't look for me. Trust me, you will never find me.

Dad, you've been the greatest dad I could ever ask for. And thank you for raising me.

Gobber, you've been like a second father to me, and thanks for all the advice.

Fishlegs, I'm sorry I won't be geeking out with you anymore, but when I get back, I may have some new dragon information with me that we can geek out on together.

Ruff and Tuff. You guys have been the life of the party. Berk will be nothing without you blowing stuff up.

Snotlout, you may have your downsides, but you've been the best as far as I'm concerned. I'm proud to be your cousin and your friend.

And Astrid......... I don't even know how to say this. You've been there for me through thick and thin. I'll always care about you and you'll never leave my heart.

Remember, this isn't 'goodbye'. Just think of it as........... a 'See you Later', okay?

I hope you understand.

And, don't worry. I'll be back. Someday.......

Yours truly,
Hiccup Haddock