Chapter 4 - Dumbledore, are you even trying?!?

I'm so sorry!! I started binge watching supernatural, Merlin and doctor who so I have a some excuses. Also school work takes up all my time so I barely get to write. I want to say thank you to everyone who has read this, and also give a huge hug to fantasie-lover, CelaenaSar, CatDogGand  xXInsaneReaderXx for voting on my chapters, it makes me so happy!! I still can't believe I have 200 reads!!! I was expecting maybe 10 or 20, I'm SO HAPPY XD!

Because of my sudden adoration of supernatural, I'm going to make Nico also be a fan of it. In my mind he thinks of himself as a hunter and loves making references to the show. If anyone doesn't agree please tell me why in the comments.

Just a warning, I don't hate Dumbledore, I just think he could have done a much better job of protecting Harry. Also, in my opinion, because of Nico's strength and power, the other demigods who aren't that close to him, are kind of in awe of him. Just like the wizarding world was in awe of Harry Potter after he defeated Voldemort as a baby. Hope that makes sense!! Shine bright like a doitsu. Enjoy!

Line break brought to you by a giggling gay Italian.

Nico's POV

By the time Dumbledore made the wall collapse, I was very tempted to strangle that old bastard. During the journey to the Leaky Cauldron he filled me in on all the happenings of the last 16 years for the wizards and his own role in it all. And while I admit that Harry needs all the preparation he can get to battle Moldy von Laundry Shorts, Dumbledore could have done so much more to keep him safe.

Seriously! You don't put a really dangerous immortal object somewhere that a child can find easily. That's like hiding the colt in a closet. He could have also found some better adoptive parents and MAYBE could have helped him out, not let that poor kid do everything on his own. Without Hermione he would have died countless times from what Dumbledore's told me. I wonder how many other demigods have been sent by Hecate to protect this so called 'Chosen-one'. Ugh, why did she need me on top of everyone else? Oh right, the horcruxes. A few minutes ago I had asked Dumbledore about my job.

"Albus? What can you tell me about horcruxes?" I had asked him all casual. He froze and then gave a hesitant gulp. Well that's suspicious.

"Well, I believe that Voldemort has created seven horcruxes, although one of them has already been destroyed by Harry. I also believe that I have found a horcrux hidden in this ring." He showed me his hand and I did a double take. His hand was reeking of death. How did I not feel that before? His hand was all black and burnt but I could clearly see a gold ring on his middle finger. By the time I had managed to convince him to give me the ring we had entered a small dingy and empty pub so we had to stop talking.

Right now Dumbledore clicks a brick and the wall collapses outwards. I wonder if it was supposed to do th... wow. Behind the wall I can see a street filled with posters and moving black and white pictures. I can barely tell what some of the shops were supposed to be selling. Some buildings are boarded up and the shoppers seem to be in an awful rush to be done.

"Welcome Diagon Alley, Nico. As you know we are in a war, so not many wizards want to be caught out of their house. If you come back when this is over, I'm sure you will find it quite pleasing. For the moment, let's get some money out of the bank."